Chapter 21:M.I.A. ...The Ugly Truth

Chapter 21

*Kade's POV*

I sat down on the edge of the bed. What an idiot! The moment you decide to grow a pair... you're too late. I sighed angrily, and pushed myself off of the bed. Storming towards the door, I flung it open. I never should've left... I never shouldn't let her go when I had her right in my grasp. Now she's getting married to him and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I slammed the door shut behind me. There are only two people that can solve this... and I have to go see them now.

I hesitated before I slowly inched up my hand, and knocked on the glass door. I saw a hazy figure quickly descend the stairs. The door swung open, and her eyes widened. A smile spread across my face as I engulfed her in a hug.

"I missed you so much, Kade" she whispered, pulling me closer.

"Lidia, who's at the door" boom a voice from the top of the stairs. I looked up and met his eyes. He looked at me in shock, and in a matter of seconds he was at her side.

"Kade... well this must be important" he said send me a sarcastic smile. I rolled my eyes and walked into the house. I pulled him into a man hug, and walked towards the livingroom.

"It is" I sighed as I plopped down on the couch.

"Well what is it" my mother asked.

"There's this girl and..."

"Oh my gosh... my baby is in love" her blue eyes gleamed as she looked at me excitedly.

"No.." I muttered. She raised an eyebrow, and eyed me skeptically. "Maybe just a little bit"

"Oh come on... admit it... you love her. But what's the delay?" it's weird how she knows just about everything.

"But... she's engaged to Ryder now" I mumbled.

"Wait... did Ryder know that you loved her" I winced at the word the "L" word. I'm not used to people saying that. Of course I've heard girls say it to me, but the feeling's never been mutual... it never actually meant anything to me until now. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

"I don't know..." I answered truthfully, "I just know that I've never felt this way about anyone" I whispered.

"Jake... I think he's found her" she whispered to my father.

"Really... already" he whispered back.

"What...what are you two talking about? I found what?" I asked frantically.

"Kade... when I met your mother... it was hard for me to control myself around her. I was always controlled, but when I was around her, everything changed. When I told your Uncle Bill about it... he sat me down and told me what was really happening. I had found my mate... my blood mate" he said looking at my mother lovingly. Wait... is he saying what I think he's... no... it can't be. Why would he... no... me and Saige bloodmates.

"No..." I said standing up quickly, "Dad don't give me that soulmate bullshit... I would've known if she was" I backed up towards the door.

"Language" my mom gasped. I sent her an apologetic look, before looking at my dad.

"Look... she isn't my bloodmate... she can't be" I turned around and unlocked the door.

"I guess you'll have to find out the hard way... just don't lose her Kade" he called as I walked out of the door.

I walked down the deserted street. Only a few cars sped by. The street lights dimly lit up the sidewalk. "Help" screamed a voice. "Hel...mmm" the scream was muffled, as if the person were struggling. I ran into the forest, but froze when two scents filled the air. She was here... but so was Tyler. I sprinted into the playground, just in time to see her being dragged away. Her grayish green eyes met mine, and she thrashed against him.