je t'aime → yoonseok

that picture fucked me up one side and down the other so here we are

yoongi pulled his sweater up over his mouth, trying to block himself from the cold wind blowing around him. hoseok watched from the corner of his eye as the older boy shook like a dead leaf trying desperately to stay attached to a tree. hoseok stepped ever-so-slightly closer to yoongi, attempting to subtly transfer some of his body heat to the older.

"why is it so fucking cold outside?" yoongi glared at the ground, and hoseok couldn't help but think that he was adorable in his big coat and chunky scarf, trying to stare intimidatingly at people as they passed. hoseok opened his mouth to say that the walk was almost over, and then they would go inside, but yoongi cut him off. "you're lucky i love you, jung hoseok, or i would have punched you by now for dragging me out in this stuff."

"huh?" hoseok looked over at yoongi, who was staring away from him. yoongi turned towards him slightly.

"what?" yoongi asked, licking his lips nervously. of course, he could play it off as if hoseok had heard wrong, but the way that the younger boy was looking at him told yoongi that it would be hard to get him to let it go.
hoseok's phone vibrated in his pocket and he glanced down at it.

taehyung; everything is set, hyung! go get him, tiger ;-)

hoseok; thanks tae, you're the best

taehyung; i know :-)

hoseok let out a shaky breath and shoved his hands into his pockets. he was planning on telling yoongi that he loved them while they were still in paris, because he figured it'd be romantic. he hadn't thought about the thirty degree weather and the fact that yoongi got very cranky when he was cold. 

"hoseok, watch out." yoongi said, pulling on hoseok's coat. he had been headed straight for a group of little girls, and yoongi knew he wouldn't have been able to keep himself from falling on them if he hadn't pulled him to the side. hoseok blushed deeply and nodded his head, muttering a quiet thank you. "why are you acting weird?"

hoseok tried to scoff, but it came out more like a disturbed squeak. "me, acting weird? never." hoseok shook his head and laughed under his breath, and yoongi narrowed his eyes at him. hoseok glanced at him out of the corner of his eye and looked over quickly. "what? why are you looking at me like that?"

yoongi just shrugged his shoulders and continued walking, knowing it would annoy the younger boy. hoseok whined and pulled on the sleeve of yoongi's jacket. "answer my question you spoon."

"don't insult your hyung." yoongi said, pulling his arm away from hoseok. hoseok sighed and pouted his bottom lip, and yoongi had to refrain from tapping his nose and pulling at his cheeks. yoongi shivered again and hoseok slipped off his jacket, shoving it in yoongi's direction. "no, hoseok, put your jacket back on."

"i don't want you to be cold," hoseok said quietly. yoongi brushed him off and pushed the coat back towards hoseok. hoseok saw a leg of the eiffel tower appear behind a bunch of bushes, and he grabbed onto yoongi's arm. "okay, so i'm going to say a few things right now, and i need you to promise me something."

yoongi nodded and waited for hoseok to continue. "alright, first, you can't interrupt until i'm done or else i probably won't finish; and then second, don't freak out, please. okay?"

"yeah, i understand."

"pinky promise?" hoseok asked, sticking out his little finger.

yoongi laughed, "you're stalling." but yoongi wrapped his pinky around hoseok's nonetheless, and pressed his own thumb to the younger's. yoongi could feel hoseok shaking, and he wondered what could make his best friend lose his happy-go-lucky personality and set him so on edge.

"right, okay. so i don't know if you know what today is, but today marks the sixth year that i've known you. six years ago today i walked into the practice room, yelled 'i'm your hope!' and i remember that you were the only one who didn't laugh. at first i thought it was because you were cold, and mean, but really you were just being courteous. because you told me that, you said that you didn't want to laugh just in case i was sensitive to the fact that my stage name didn't have anything to do with my given name."

hoseok was staring over yoongi's head, refusing to make eye contact. he didn't want to see yoongi's probably frowning, disturbed face, but in reality he was missing yoongi staring at him with the biggest dopey grin that stretched from one ear to the other.

"since then, i like to think that we've become pretty close. like super close. close enough to where i didn't say anything after i saw you mast—"

"ah," yoongi stopped hoseok abruptly by flicking his shoulder.

"right, sorry, we're not supposed to talk about that anymore. anyway, i think we've become pretty good friends, except," hoseok sighed and rubbed the side of his head. "except i don't really like you like a friend. and i don't want you to be weirded out, but i really like you, min yoongi. and when you rub up on jimin it makes me so angry, because we all know he's vying after jungkook, and yet you still like him more than me. but that's not the point. i just wanted you to know that you mean so much to me, and i love you a lot, even when you're tired and cranky, because i know that you're really just a marshmallow on the inside. and so if you hate me now that's fine, or if you don't like me half as much as i like you that's alright too. i just didn't want to have to go the rest of my life having to hide that you mean everything to me and that when you hurt i hurt, and when you're happy i'm happy and—"

"hoseok," yoongi said, wiggling his fingers in front of hoseok's eyes. the younger boy looked down at him, his cheeks tinted pink from either the cold or his embarrassment, yoongi wasn't really sure. "if you wanted to tell me that you loved me, you could have just said so. you didn't have to get all worked up and be all mushy and drag me out in the cold to do it. also, all the stuff with jimin is just fan service. you don't have to worry about it."

"Sor—"

yoongi stood on his toes and pressed his lips gently against hoseok's. "but i'm really glad you did, because that was too fucking cute."

"really?" hoseok squeaked, playing with his fingers. yoongi nodded and hoseok broke out into a grin. he picked yoongi up and spun him around, giggling happily.

"hey, i'm still you're hyung, put me down." yoongi slapped at hoseok's back, and hoseok put him down quickly.

"sorry i just got excited. and you're so little, i couldn't help myself." yoongi scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"oh, now you're making fun of my height. are you sure you love me?" yoongi asked. hoseok smiled and wrapped his arm around yoongi's waist, pulling him closer. yoongi laid his hand on the side of hoseok's neck, both of them grinning like idiots.

"a hundred percent," hoseok said. yoongi smiled and kissed yoongi's nose. yoongi shivered and hoseok grabbed onto his hand. "i had the maknae's make us reservations at a little restaurant across from the eiffel tower, if we go now, we can get there before your fingers fall off."

yoongi laughed and let hoseok pull him towards the restaurant. "yeah, i think i'd like to keep all my fingers." yoongi said. he followed hoseok silently, racking his brain for some miscellaneous french he'd picked up from namjoon's relentless study sessions. he remembered something he'd heard namjoon say to jin one day, and he leant up close to hoseok's ear. "je t'aime."