reckless abandon - taekook

There are few things in which Jungkook is actually afraid. Death is no exception to the rule. Maybe this is what made him so good at his job; always ready to jump into the line of fire, never once he backing down from a mission. Is he crazy? Perhaps. A little worse for wear? Absolutely.

Jungkook has a saying – nothing's fun if there's not a little bit of blood involved. This results in many trips to the ICU, Jungkook's partner looking over him worriedly as Jungkook coaches the new nurses on how to properly stick an iv in his arm. God knows he's got enough practice.

Maybe his need for helter skelter is the reason he's pressed up against a wall, muzzle of a gun digging into his stomach. Jungkook smiles sickeningly as the person facing him sneers.

"What are you so happy about?" He bites, pushing the gun further into Jungkook's abdomen. Hard enough to crack ribs, but it doesn't because the gun is held poorly in the guy's hand, and Jungkook knows the brown eyed beauty across from his is new. "I'm about to kill you."

"Are you?" Jungkook asks, a smarmy grin on his face and eyebrow cocked. "Or are you going to stand there with a gun to my stomach and say you're going to kill me?" The guy's grip on his gun tightens and Jungkook almost laughs. This whole situation is downright laughable. "You've got me right were you want me," Jungkook leans as close to the guy as he can with the gun holding him against the wall. "Just pull the trigger."

"I'm going to kill you!" The man yells, pressing the gun further into Jungkook's body, as if he was trying to pass right through to the other side. His knuckles are white and his hands are sweating — Jungkook can see his hand slipping down the butt. Of the gun, he means; although he can picture himself sliding his hands down his ass and gripping it, maybe it'd give him more excitement than this right now.

"I've got things to do, kid. If you're going to kill me, just do it." Jungkook's hands are sitting protectively over his own gun, one the other man has yet to notice. He turns the safety off with a soft click, and when the guy takes a deep breath, Jungkook yanks it out of his pocket, puts it against the guy's chest and pulls the trigger.

"Newbies," Jungkook groans as the guy clutches at his chest. "Always so hesitant. You know, I never had that problem. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up now— anyways." Jungkook grabs onto the falling man and lays him on the ground. He has a knack for being polite when it doesn't really matter. Jungkook leans over the man and pats his face lightly. "I'll tell your partner you won't be rejoining him."

---

There's something exhilarating about someone else's blood on your hands. Most people run from it– the burden of fault and death– but Jungkook greets it like a close friend. He opens up the door, invites it inside and sits it down to have a long chat about whatever normal people talk about. Most people his age wouldn't last a day in his field of work, but not everyone is cut out to take the responsibility of being the reason someone takes their last breath. For Jungkook, that's all there is in this world. Taking lives before someone can take yours.

It's a sickening cycle of kill or be killed with Jungkook. He's normally the one doing the killing, whether it be of someone innocent or not, he does the killing and at this point it doesn't affect him. He jumps at the chance to shove a gun in his suit jacket and walk around like he's not planning on killing the person standing behind that fancy pedestal, or the person sipping wine seemingly casual, when the person's eyes are flicking so rapidly around the room that it's like they know Jungkook is there, gun at the ready, but he's dragging out killing them just to see them squirm.

Jungkook sits in the back of the room, scanning the crowd for his target when someone sits down next to him and immediately presses their gun to his thigh. Jungkook looks over and grins wickedly.