i will always love you short ver. - yoonmin

I. If I should stay, I'll only be in your way
yoongi watched jimin dance, watched him spin and twirl with a huge grin on his face. when he turned to yoongi, the blinding smile faded slightly into a dull burn in yoongi's eyes. he wasn't sure if the burn was from his smile or from the tears pushing against the back of his eyes. yoongi scooted out of the way as jimin tried to squeeze past him towards the shower room.

II. We both know I'm not what you need
yoongi was busy. between work and travel and life in general, jimin was being neglected. he'd wait at home for hours, late into the night waiting for his lover to come home. he'd almost always fall asleep before yoongi crept into their apartment with the rising sun in the back ground.

III. I hope life treats you kind
jimin hugged yoongi one last time, holding him so tightly that yoongi was afraid he would liquidate under the younger boys touch. after he pulled away, yoongi gripped his suitcase with a shaking hand and closed the apartment door behind him.

IV. But above all of this, I wish you love
it was months before they saw each other again. yoongi was out buying another case of ramen, which seemed to be all he ate lately, when he saw them. his jimin with another boy. yoongi waved as they passed and jimin smiled at him before the black haired boy pulled him down a different aisle.

V. I will always love you
yoongi clapped when they said their vows, even if it pained him to watch them kiss. he was sitting in the back of the church practically hidden from view. jimin had smiled when they'd made eye contact, and yoongi wanted to vomit with the sudden force of his heart in his throat. yoongi also smiled for the wedding pictures which he'd been forced into, and shook hands with jimin's new husband. he left the ceremony without a word, only stopping to kiss jimin's cheek once in a silent promise to never forget him.