three's company - yoonminseok

note: im just getting back into the swing of writing so if this is a lil rusty please don't mind

also, slight tw // panic attacks

Really, what was he thinking? Okay, wait, he can tell you what he was thinking. He was thinking that he could have two sexy boyfriends instead of one, have two bodies to cuddle against when he inevitably got cold in the middle of the night, would have two sets of arms and hands to trail across his body and make fires ignite in his stomach. He was thinking a lot of things, but none of them quite related to this; 'this' being the absolute crushing feeling in his chest every time he saw Jimin and Hoseok together – without him.

At first, it was just the big things that caught Yoongi off guard. He would skulk back home after a long day at the studio, already fantasizing about taking a hot shower with his two favorite men; only to get home and find both of them already dripping wet, trying to whip each other's asses with towels. Yoongi had stood in the doorway, so many emotions churning in his gut that he couldn't quite put a finger on exactly what he was feeling. As soon as Jimin had caught sight of him the rough housing stopped, and Jimin threw himself into Yoongi's tired arms with a loud squeal of, "hyung! Save me!" followed by a string of giggles Yoongi suddenly couldn't relate to.

He'd carefully sat Jimin back on the ground and patted his head mechanically, looking off somewhere between their bed and the dresser instead of at his boyfriend. "Hyung's had a long day at work, Jiminie. I'm just going to shower and go to bed." He hadn't paid any mind to Hoseok, who reached a hand out for him as he crossed the room to their closet.

When Yoongi walked back into the room, both Hoseok and Jimin were gone, towels discarded on the floor. Yoongi had sighed and picked them up, tossing them in the laundry basket as he listened to his boyfriends laugh in the next room over.

That was the first Major Offense that took place in inserting doubt in Yoongi's mind. Next came the time they were all supposed to eat dinner together, and when Yoongi came home from work the dinner was made and Jimin and Hoseok were already sitting at the table, laughing quietly to themselves as Hoseok rearranged the order of the plates and pots, so everything went from biggest to smallest. The only area this rule didn't apply was to their seating order, which left Yoongi on a lonely island at the head of the table, while Hoseok and Jimin were smushed close together in their chairs on the right side of the table.

It had been two weeks since the Yoongi's Tragic Island Incident (as he'd taken to calling it) and now, even little things that he used to find cute – like Jimin and Hoseok going to the store together (without Yoongi) and making their hyung food because they knew he'd had a long day – were starting to affect him. He'd wake up to an empty bed, only to find his boyfriends cuddled up on the couch (without him) watching morning cartoons. Yoongi brushed it off; he knew he was a late sleeper, but it still stung that they hadn't woken him up.

One day, Hoseok came to pick him up from work, and Yoongi breathed a sigh of relief upon realizing he was alone. Not that he didn't love Park Jimin, really, he did, but having one on one time with Hoseok made Yoongi feel that he was a part of the relationship, not just an odd pawn stored off to the side, only brought out and dusted off to make sex more exciting.

"Hey, hyung," Hoseok said, reaching over the center consul to smack a kiss against Yoongi's cheek.

"Hey, Hobi." Yoongi replied, grabbing Hoseok's right hand and lacing their fingers together. Aside from Mandatory Bedtime Cuddling, – that's what Jimin called it; every night he'd slither up into bed, yell something about how he couldn't sleep without 'mandatory bedtime cuddling,' and then he'd unceremoniously drape himself over the two older men – this was the first time they'd touched just because they wanted to. Before, all three of them would just hold hands because they could, drop not strictly necessary kisses because they wanted to, would pull each other gracelessly onto the couch for midday cuddles without it being part of a 'mandatory' practice.