#teamdawwwwg - taeseok

funny story — i was suppose to be cowriting a book called "dogs," (some of you may have heard of it) with my girlfriend at the time and we never got it (or anything, really) off the ground, but i wrote this for it and wanted to share it so here we go

hoseok, to say the least, was worried. his boyfriend, taehyung, had been staying up late, day in and day out, giggling at his computer screen and hiding what was on it every time hoseok tried to see what he was doing. of course, being the worrisome person he is, hoseok immediately thought that taehyung had found someone better than himself, someone who would let taehyung have as many dogs as he wanted, unlike hoseok, who limited him to one siberian husky with a very unfortunate name— dawg.

it was late friday night when hoseok had decided he'd had enough. taehyung was once again giggling at his computer screen, dawg asleep on the couch next to him. hoseok huffed and left their apartment, deciding that if taehyung could talk to other people, he could too.

as hoseok drove down the road, he silently cursed the fact he'd ever let taehyung get the dog. his boyfriend had been acting oddly ever since, and hoseok knew it was the dogs fault— he just didn't know what the dog had done. so hoseok drove to the shelter where they'd adopted dawg, hoping that jungkook and yoongi would still be there this late into the evening.

thankfully, when hoseok pulled into the parking lot jungkook was outside, letting iron man use the bathroom. hoseok slammed the car door and marched over to the younger, frowning deeply.

"can you take the dog back?" hoseok asked, and jungkook frowned in confusion. iron man jumped onto hoseok's legs when he saw him, and hoseok patted the dogs head.

"why? did he chew something up?" Jungkook asked. he remembered the time that iron man had chewed up his leather pants and that yoongi had to talk him out of getting rid of him. "i'm sure he didn't mean to, just put things you like away next time and—"

"taehyung is cheating on me. i think it's because of the dog and so can you take him back?" hoseok crossed his arms over his chest and tapped his foot, looking at jungkook.

"so, you want to get rid of the dog because taehyung is," jungkook lifted his hands and made air quotations. "cheating on you?"

"yes." hoseok nodded and jungkook laughed at him.

"i think you should go home, hoseok. talk to taehyung about the fact that you think he's cheating on you, which i doubt he is. taehyung adores you, and it took him long enough to confess it, i doubt he'd throw away countless years of pining after you like an idiot just because of a dog." jungkook patted hoseok's shoulder and pushed him back towards his car.

"and if he is cheating, then i'll take dawg back. i'm sure yoongi wouldn't mind." jungkook said quietly, but yoongi popped his head out of the open doorway and shook his finger.

"no, no more dogs. do you remember why we're in this situation?" yoongi asked. jungkook dropped his shoulders and pouted his bottom lip. "don't look at me like that, you know you're not allowed to have anymore dogs."

"yoongi please—"

"bye guys," hoseok said, climbing into his car. yoongi waved at him happily before turning back to jungkook and rolling his eyes at the boy's desperate look.

when hoseok got back to his apartment, he was determined to call taehyung out on the fact that he'd been acting weird. he threw the door open, ready to start his spiel before he lost his nerve, when he saw taehyung in the middle of the living room, trying to wrestle a shirt over dawg's head.

"come on, dawg, before hobi gets home." taehyung said in frustration. hoseok shut the door quietly, trying not to alert taehyung that he was home. finally, after a few minutes of struggling, taehyung got the shirt over dawg's head.

taehyung smiled to himself and gave dawg a fist bump, a trick they'd just recently taught him. then taehyung turned around and grabbed another shirt off the couch, slipping off his own shirt and putting the new one on quickly.

"and now all we have to do is wait." taehyung said, patting dawg's head. hoseok moved into taehyung's line of view, and the younger boy smiles widely. he scrambled up off the floor and ran over to his boyfriend, stopping just in front of him and jumping up and down.

"look at this shirt i made, look at it!" taehyung yelled happily, pointing to his chest. hoseok grabbed onto his shoulders so he could read the bold font on the shirt.

#teamdawwwwg

over the breast pocket was a west side symbol, and hoseok laughed to himself. taehyung ran back to the couch, picking up the third and final tee shirt. "i even made you one!"

hoseok took the shirt in his hands, and smiled down at his dorky boyfriend. "is this you've been doing all that time on your computer?"

"yeah, it took me four days to pick out a font. but do you like them?" taehyung asked.

hoseok nodded, "yeah, i love them. i love you."

taehyung grinned and pulled hoseok over to the couch, cuddling up next to him. dawg jumped up and laid his head in their laps, hoseok smiled down at his family. taehyung turned his head and kissed hoseok lightly on the lips. "i love you too. west side."