helter skelter - taekook

- underage smut happens sorry
- also mentions of death but no major character death
- don't forget to comment i like comments
- also this is like 7000 words can you believe
---

Imagine this: dystopian universe. Run down towns and cities set alight, left to burn for days or even weeks after the initial raid. Imagine barren streets and polluted skies, air so heavy you could swipe your hand through it and practically see it shimmer.

Now imagine a group, an organization, a cult, if you will. Imagine this group leading these raids, guns and lighters and gasoline at the ready. Imagine them stomping down the streets of your hometown, setting your neighbors house on fire and taking away your parents while you sit in the corner, a shaking, crying, panicking eight year old, unable to do anything as your home is ripped apart.

Next, imagine yourself as a scrawny sixteen year old boy, trying to make it in a world constantly burning and weighing you down. This is the life of Jeon Jungkook, who spends most of his time hiding away in an abandoned grocery store, eating chips and clutching a gun to his chest.

Now imagine this: a group, an organization, a cult, if you will. Imagine them stomping down the streets of your hometown, setting fire to your neighbors houses and dragging you and you family away from your home. Imagine them tying your thin ten year old wrists together and pushing you in the back with the muzzle of a gun to keep you walking. This is the life of Kim Taehyung, beat and battered from ripe young age of ten, still impressionable and able to be molded.

Imagine these two worlds exploding when they come in contact. A mess of tense nerves and rules just begging to be broken.

---

Jungkook sits against the freezer door, gun held tightly in his boney hands as he waits for the footsteps to recede. It's been a half an hour since the person entered Jungkook's hideaway, and by the sounds of it, the person doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon. So Jungkook squats like a duck and waits for the person to lose interest in his home.

The freezer section lost power first, and the foods kept there spoiled long ago, so Jungkook can't figure out why the heck the footsteps are getting closer to him when really they should be headed the complete opposite direction, towards the canned food at the front of the store.

Jungkook clicks the safety on his gun off and stands up slowly. He's going to have to make a run for it if he wants to live. He'd already seen the telltale armband of the raiders, the group that burned his house and took his family. Jungkook crept up the female hygiene aisle, grabbing a box of pads as he went. If the person was going to shoot him, Jungkook would at least have something to cover his wound.

Jungkook walks backwards, never once taking his eyes off the silhouette coming towards him. He bumps into a shelf, sending boxes of tampons falling to the floor, where they bust open on impact. Jungkook stills, gun at the ready as he watches the tampons rolls down the aisle and the shadow stiffen. Jungkook's trapped – if he runs, he may not make it to the door, he's too weak and is still getting used to his post-puberty lankiness. If he stays in the aisle, he'll die for sure. He's going to die.

"Hello?" The person calls out. Jungkook holds his breath, his knees knocking together as he aims the gun towards the shadow. A guy rounds the corner, his own gun clutched in his hand, but he looks a thousand times more relaxed than Jungkook feels. "Whoa, buddy, put your gun down."

Jungkook holds his ground, trying to keep his legs from shaking. The band on the guy's arm lights a fire in his stomach and he cocks his gun. They took his family.

"I'm not going to kill you, so don't kill me. Capisce?" The guy says. He lays his gun on the ground and Jungkook lowers his, but his fingers stay wrapped around the butt protectively. "Is this where you live?"