Chapter 6- Secret Places and Almost Kisses?

"You've got to be kidding me Kendra," Christopher yelled. Math was just let out when I took the package of Twizzlers he was hiding (quite terribly if I might add) in his sweatshirt pocket.

"You were the one who tried to hide my favorite candy from me,"  I stated smirking as I ate one of the Twizzlers. He glared at my back as I skipped away off to my locker with all of my stuff.

I grabbed The City of Ashes and my coat and walked outside. I walked behind the football stands and into the trees, where I followed my well worn stone path to the area I spend all of my free periods.  The snow littered the ground and the trees, the weeping willows tendrils creating a shield of ice from the wind. Underneath the cover of the trees was my bench, the one I had used while reading for the longest time. Now, on the bench was another person.

"Chris?" I asked walking towards him. He looked up and smiled at me, looking back down at his phone. I walked towards him and sat down on the bench next to him before I asked, "How did you find this place? I've been coming here since freshman year and I'm the only one who has ever come here."

"I was walking behind the stands when I saw the path. Naturally I followed it. That's how I got here," He replied looking at me. I leaned my head against his shoulder and looked out around us.

"Hey Christopher?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yes, Ken?" He replied.

"What's it like at your house?"

"Chaotic. I have and older sister who even though she's in college she makes it her goal to pester me and my parents are always buzzing around the house, doing something. How about yours, Ken?" He stated.

"Oh, you know. Only child, no pets, parents who are always gone, basically raised myself. The usual," I said sarcastically. My eyes teared up and I swiped them away before Christopher noticed. I grabbed one of the now almost frozen Twizzlers out of my coat pocket before handing the rest to Christopher.

He pushed them back towards me and said," Keep them. They are your favorite."

"Thanks," I stated. I smiled and looked towards him. He radiated the happiness I never did, and it was amazing. He was also more of a Nerd than the 'Bad Boy' everyone characterized him as.

He looked towards me and his blue eyes met my brown. His eyes darted quickly to my lips before they looked back into mine. He leaned towards me putting his and on my face. I leaned into him, and our lips were inches apart. He moved to close the gap when...

BEEP!!!

He pulled back quickly and looked at his phone, "Free periods over. We have to get back to school."

He held out his hand for me and I took it still slightly confused about what almost happened between me and Christopher.

*-*-*-*-*

It was lunch now and Christopher had to talk to a teacher, so he wasn't going to be eating with us. I was barely paying attention to what was going on. I mean, how can I? Christopher and I almost kissed.

"Ken, you ok? You seem sort of zoned out," Jacob asked, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Um... I'm fine," I said.

"We all know that's not true. You're not talking and normally you never shut up," Olivia stated taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Wow, Olivia. You are so helpful," I said sarcastically. She simply smiled and stuck her tongue out.

"Soooooo, what's going on with you?" Allie asked.

"Me and Christopher almost kissed," I said warily.

"OH MY GOSH! For real? You mean Christopher was almost your first kiss?" Payton yelled. I pushed her back into her seat and grimaced.

"Yes, now shut up and don't tell Christopher I told you," I whispered.

Everyone at the table was making a bigger deal out of my 'almost kiss' then I was. Though, it made sense. None of us were in a relationship.

"Sooooo, how did you guys almost kiss?" Payton asked excitedly. I told everyone what happened and Payton scowled," Stupid phone."

The rest of the lunch period was full of trying to calm Payton down so she didn't break Christophers phone.

A/N

Hey Guys! So, before I start with the rest of my AN I would like to say, You guys are freaking amazing. Holy Crap! I have gotten so much amazing feedback on this story and I absolutely love you guys for it!

Secondly, Many of you may hate me for interrupting Kendra and Christopher (I hate myself for it) but, I needed to do it. I want to wait to get more romantic, and I also don't want to rush things. Especially since they've only meet 'yesterday'.

Other than that, give me any feedback you want. Stuff like what you want to happen, characters you like, don't like, Ship names for Kendra and Christopher, and if you want any other characters to be together.

I love you guys!

Poseideon_Fury

P.S. Have you guys gotten into any trouble yet?