Chapter 18- What'll We Do Now?

"Ow," I said as Gen accidentally stuck me with a bobby pin to the ear.

"Sorry," she apologized and then said, "What the hell is wrong with your hair? It's literally doing anything it can to fight me."

"Then maybe we should just leave it alone," I said and looked into the mirror. Gen was attempting to put my hair up into something that looked more formal, but I just thought I looked weird.

"Are you sure? It's your graduation. Your hair should be done in some way." I nodded my head and she sighed, but let me stand up.

"I'm sure. And I'm wearing my Converse and a Doctor Who shirt under my graduation robe thing," I smiled.

"Of course you are," she laughed.

"Did you think I wouldn't?" I smirked, walking across the room to Gen and Andy's bed. I flung myself down on it and spread my arms out, sighing loudly. "Geeeeennn. What is my life?"

"How am I supposed to know? I just met you this morning."

"Yesterday," I corrected her, laughing slightly. "I'm just so anxious now."

"It's not so bad. You'll go to college, get that teaching job you want, and it'll be fine." She answered, crawling onto the bed next to me.

"What if things go wrong?"

"Oh god," she fell onto her back, "I can't deal with this now. You're going to make me start rethinking all of my life choices."

"Sorry..."

She sighed and then said, "I'm sure it'll be fine. And if it's not, there's always wine."

"I prefer candy. Alcohol is gross, at least the smell is."

"You better not have ever had it," Gen looked over and glared at me, but could only hold it for a few seconds before laughing.

"Yeah right. I'd never drink that stuff." I laughed right next to her.

She glanced at her watch and sat up. "I can't believe I fought with your hair for over an hour." She looked down at me as she finished her sentence. "It's 4:05."

I sighed," I should probably get ready so we can go."

"Yeah, maybe. I want to leave by 4:30. We want to get a good parking spot."

"You sound like my mother," I teased her. "Well, what I think she'd sound like if my family was normal."

"Way to bring down my mood," she chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"Alright Missy, no need to be sarcastic," she laughed, and I stood up to face her.

"Seriously though, thanks for everything. You've done a lot for me and my brother."

"You should be thankful I fixed him," she smiled. "But you're welcome. I love you both."

"And we love you," I replied before giving her a hug, and smiling at the figure standing in the doorway.

"Are you gonna join us or not, idiot," I called to Andy.

"What?" He called back from downstairs, confused.

"Just come up here. We're all hugging!" Gen yelled.

"Oh, okay!" Andy said and I heard footsteps run up the stairs.

He joined us quickly and wrapped his arms around Gen and I.

"This kind of hurts. Maybe we shouldn't invite him to hug us."

I wriggled out from between Gen and Andy, and gasped for breath. "I'm going to go get ready now. You guys are going to make me late," I glared at them but smiled after a few seconds.