Chapter 17- Almost Time To Grow Up

After watching Finding Nemo, Andy and Gen retired into his room while Liv and I retired into mine. It took a while but sleep finally overtook me. When the morning came, I was grateful. It couldn't have come fast enough.  I couldn't tell whether the feeling I was experiencing was joy or absolute terror when I woke up.

I was graduating and there was a chance I wouldn't see my fellow class members till our High School Reunion. My best friends would be scattering all over, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I was also closing a chapter of my life that I will miss, even if it did suck sometimes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Liv asked me, in half a whisper. I had woken up in a panic, and was now sitting straight up in bed breathing heavily.

"Yeah I-I'm f-fine. Just thinking." I told her half heartedly, laying back down on the bed and covering my face with my hands.

"You're going to miss him. Taylor." She said. There was always a way for Payton, and Liv to contact me, but she was right. I didn't know how much I'd see Taylor.

"4 years. I won't be able to just talk to you any time, or hang out with you, or anything for 4 years," I said in response.

"We've been over this. I'll always be there for you," Liv said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know that, but there's going to be a time difference. How are we going to find time to talk to each other when we are In different time zones?"

"You can call me when it's 3 am, and I'll listen to anything you have to say. You know that," she rubbed her eyes and said, ending with a yawn.

"I know. I'm just going to miss you." I sighed, wrapping my arms tightly around my body.

"What time is it?" Liv blinks and looks over at my alarm clock.

I shrugged. "I- I don't know. 4 or 5 maybe?"

It reads 5:12 as I glance over at the glowing red numbers, and feel my stomach rumble.

"Let me guess," Liv starts. "You're hungry?"

"When am I not?" I laugh, running my hand through my hair.

"Let's go downstairs. There's no way I can get back to sleep now," Liv says and swings her legs over the side of the bed and stretches. "C'mon."

"Sorry for waking you up," I mumbled, slowly following behind her.

"I was awake for about an hour before you did," she shrugs and walks over to my door. She opens it and peers out for a seconds before stepping out, trying to be quiet so as not to wake Gen.

I tried not to trip and fumble over my feet as we made our way to the kitchen. I gripped onto the counter as I reached it, shaking my head to try and shake my grogginess.

"Um, you okay?" Liv looked over at me. "Forget how to work your legs?"

"I'm fine, just a little woozy and off balance. I'll be ok in a little bit." I gave her a small smile, and slid into one of the seats.

"Well I'll make you pancakes," she says and starts looking through some of my cabinets.

"Thank you."

"The ceremony starts at three, and then the party afterwards starts at six. We're still going right?"

"Yeah. Chris really wants to go, so I'm gonna make an effort to at least stay there for an hour before calling a quits."

"It's going to be fun," she tries to convince me. Both of us happen to have Social Anxiety, but this did actually seem fun. A pool party with all of my friends and new boyfriend.