Chapter 12- We Need To Face The Future

"What are we going to do today?" I asked as I shoved a waffle in my face.

"I have a plan." Olivia smirked suspiciously.

"I don't trust that look." Payton squinted at her.

"Am I going to like this plan?" I asked hesitantly.

"You should." she looked down at her phone.

I smiled. This was going to be good. I leaned forward on the counter, "What's the plan?"

Before answering she said, "Taylor reports that class is really boring and nothing is going on." Then said, "Oh just wait."

"Ooooooh! I'm excited!" I squealed. I always loved pranking people, and judging by Olivia's tone we were about to do just that.

"Uh, no it's not a prank. And you suck at them. A lot."

I fell back in my seat disappointed. I wanted to prank people. Maybe, paint Katherine's locker (Gasp!) grey, fill Christopher's locker with feathers, and maybe dump a bucket of permanent black hair dye on Katherine's head. Oh, yeah.... you can probably tell I have a lot of anger towards Katherine. I mean, can you blame me?

"It's not stupid..." I started, trailing off.

"Feathers in Christopher's locker?"

"How did you know!"

"You did the same thing to Vicky in 6th grade."

"Ok, but she deserved it!"

Payton and her both just rolled their eyes, still smiling.

"Hurry up!" Olivia yelled a few minutes later. "I want to get there before tomorrow."

I grabbed a couple more waffles for the ride and hurried behind Olivia and Payton.

"Liv's driving!" Payton declared.

"No duh, I'm the only one who knows where we're going."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, my friends were well, weirdos. After what must have been half an hour, Liv finally pulled up in the parking lot next to our old elementary school.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Not at the school, behind it. Now, out." Olivia demanded in response and Payton and I obliged.

"We're not.... are we going to the cave?" I asked.

"You'll see," She smirked.

"Oh, my plan has been found out." she said in a dramatic voice, slamming the car door shut behind her

I smiled and ran ahead to the cave in the back of the school.

The cave was a place the 3 of us had found in 5th grade. It wasn't very deep, but it was big enough for all of us to move around comfortably. It had a skylight in the top of it, letting in enough light that we could see clearly. We had spent many hours talking, and reading, in there.

"Wow, so many memories of this place." Payton said as she ducked to get into the entrance of the cave.

"Yeah, when the caved seemed bigger," I complained. I had to squat just to climb through the entrance.

"Remember that time Katherine got so mad at Kendra during gym? And we all had to hide in here?" Liv said.

"How many times was that? Oh, yeah. Like every gym class!" Payton chuckled.

"It's not my fault she hates me. I don't even know what I did," I shrugged. It was honestly a total mystery why she hates me.

"She's just the classic mean girl. What I don't get is why she would pick on someone as unnoticeable and pathetic as Kendra." Liv stated.