Chapter 16- Genevieve

"What are we going to do with our lives?" Liv asked. She was laying on my bed next to me and we were staring up at the ceiling.

"Um... Nothing? I have no clue," I replied jokingly. We were currently waiting for Andy to get back from the airport with Gen, and the nerves were slowly building up. 

The day hadn't been as eventful and heartwarming as I thought it would be. We sung Days of Summer as our special chorus farewell song, and about 98% of the kids didn't know what it was or where it was from. All of my classes basically ended in things like overall goodbyes and yearbook signing. The same as every other year. Nothing was as fun as history, and I just felt empty now.

Olivia exhaled and turned over on her side, propping herself up on her elbow and looking at me. "I'm glad everything's better with your brother. But damn, I'm going to miss you when I'm in England."

"I'm going to miss you too Liv," I sighed. I didn't want my best friend leaving me, as selfish as it sounds. "I don't think I'm going to make it without you."

"Meeting new people in a totally different country? Yeah. Sounds just like something I would enjoy," she tried at sarcasm but it didn't sound like it usually did.

"Who's going to make sure I don't go batshit crazy whenever I'm left alone in a group of people? Liv, I don't want anyone to replace you in that job. Not even Christopher." My voice was starting to crack, and tears were starting to form in the corners of my eyes. "I don't even know why you have to leave. Isn't America good enough?"

"Oh stop it." She glared at me. "If you start crying then I'm going to break. And we'll both be complete messes when Andy gets back with Gen."

"Andy and Gen should appreciate that we are such emotional messes." We heard the sound of the front door opening downstairs, and after sharing a look of excitement, ran to meet Gen and Andy.

Shoving Liv out of the way, I run as fast as I could to the bottom of the stairs before stopping to catch my breath.

"Andy!" I yelled and I heard Liv fall down the stairs behind me. I didn't really care though, as I flung myself at Andy and hugged him.

"Woah, slow down there Kiddo. You could have knocked me down!" He joked before squeezing me a little.

"Kiddo? Really? I'm graduating tomorrow."

"You will forever be a kid to me," he smirked, patting my head like I was eight. I stuck my tongue out at him and slowly turned when I heard an unfamiliar female giggle.

For a second I had forgotten Gen was there. I turned completely to her, and just looked at her. She had shockingly blue hair and dark green eyes. She did look like someone my brother would date. She was wearing black skinny jeans, a Pierce the Veil shirt, and biker boots.

There was a few seconds where the four of us just ended up staring at each other, but I soon walked over and hugged Gen. Shutting my eyes and wrapping my arms tightly around her midsection. "Thanks for convincing my brother to come back to me," I whispered.

She hugged me back and I could hear her heartbeat before I finally let go. She smiled at me and then at Andrew.

Liv decided to interrupt, and stated, "Your family moments are absolutely  touching, but Kendra's starving. Can we order pizza?"

"How did you know?" I asked as I turned to my best friend. She hadn't even bothered to stand up after falling down the stairs. She was seated on the bottom stair, looking up at Andrew and I.

"You're always hungry. And I'm psychic."

"Yup." I smiled. "Pizza?" I turned to my older brother.