Chapter 7- Harry Potter Fixes Everything

I'm going to repeat something I've probably said multiple times already. I hate school. Luckily the end of the day came very quickly, and no surprise, Christopher skipped all his classes after lunch. So walking out of my final class alone, I head to my locker and decided to go up to the roof to think. Grabbing my stuff I walked up to the second floor and to the stairs that lead to the roof.

On top of the roof were small piles of snow from the previous week. Other than the heaters the roof was empty. I walked over to the ledge and sat down.

Mom and Dad should be home soon... I doubt they will stay long though. Probably just long enough to spend the weekend before my birthday with me before leaving on another trip. Maybe this time they will actually care, I thought to myself bitterly. Every year my parents came home for a weekend before my birthday and left on another trip right afterwards. They never cared enough to actually stay with me for my actual birthday.

Shaking my head I noticed that I had missed a couple texts from Payton and Annalise telling me that they went home without me. Gathering my stuff I shook my head again. I took my time walking down the deserted hallway. As I was walking I looked down an abandoned hallway and stopped in my tracks.

There was Christopher wearing his signature leather jacket pushing a blonde girl up against a wall. Their lips were locked in a heated exchange and the girl's hands were in his hair. I turned away and ran to my car trying to forget the sharp pain in my chest.

*-*-*-*

On my way home I called Payton and told her to come over. So, here we are sitting with chocolate vanilla swirl ice cream watching Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. I hadn't told her what I saw but she knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" She asked looking me in the eye. I turned my face away and looked at the tv. My favorite part of the movie was about to happen. Then to my disappointment, Payton turned off the screen.

"Nothing happened. I just saw Christopher making out with a blonde girl just a few hours after we almost kissed, but like I said. Nothing happened. I'm fine," I said bitterly turning the tv back on. She looked at me in shock before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"That jerk! He almost kissed you! How dare he go and kiss that girl! I will slap that boy!" She yelled protectively in my ear. I just smiled and hugged her tight. I was lucky to have her as a friend.

We finished the movie and the ice cream by the time that we decided to go to do something fun that weekend. We were going to do a girls day with Annalise, Allie, and Rose. But for that moment in time, we were ok with just going to sleep.

A/N
Hope you guys aren't as mad as I think you are... I had to make Christopher do it! And honestly, he needed the edge. Whilst I do hate myself for writing that, it was written for a good reason.

Also, it's my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! I wanted to get a chapter up for you guys because I love you, and I hope you won't kill me.  Ooh! And there's an Eighth Harry Potter book coming out! I'm so excited!

Love you guys!
Poseideons_Fury