Chapter 9- Confessions

I made my way through boring LA (I liked the teacher, but the class itself was prepping for a test and I was very bored.) These periods were long, so just one more till lunch.

I gathered up my things at the end of class and made my way through the filling hallway. I wanted to avoid the crowds, as well as make it to chorus.

I walked down to the other end of the school, the music rooms being at the very opposite from where my LA class was. I walked into the chorus room and smiled at my director.

I found a spot next to Olivia on the risers and tried not to pay attention to Christopher. We were sopranos, but Olivia could sing a lot higher than me. I liked chorus, but my thoughts were elsewhere the entire period. As well as, I was hungry.

My stomach growled and I muttered to Olivia (trying not to be heard) that I just wanted to go to lunch. "I can tell." she laughed and focused back on Miss Raines.

Unfortunately, today was also the day Miss Raines picked a random 3 people to sing a song in front of the group. Christopher was picked first and he sang History by One Direction amazingly. He hit all the notes and his voice was, well perfect.

Olivia was selected next. And I was glad. She was in the Honors Choir, and I wanted her to show up Christopher.

Payton and I cheered her on as she sang To Have a Home from A very Potter Sequel.  It sounded amazing, and I secretly think she won over Christopher. Now it was an Alto's turn, and then we got to leave.

The selected alto sang Toxic by Britney Spears (not very well) and then the bell rang. Olivia and I caught up with Payton and the three of us walked to the cafeteria.

I dragged Payton to the pizza line while Liv went to grab the table. Walking with my tray I grabbed applesauce, sausage pizza, and a carton of vanilla flavored milk. I payed quickly and swiftly dashed off to my busy table Payton following behind me.

I sat down next to Liv, Payton on my other side, and the first thing she said was, "So when are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Later." I responded. I didn't want to have to say it where everyone in the room had a chance of hearing me say it.

"Alright, but you have to tell me. I'm your best friend," I nodded. I looked up from my food and smiled weakly, glad to have an awesome best friend like her. We could be really weird together, but there were times when we really cared about each other. And that's what mattered in having a best friend.

Rose tried to grab the table's attention but only got Olivia's and Allie's, them sitting right next to each other. Olivia hit my arm slightly to get my attention snapping me out of my daydream.

"Anyone want Pepperoni?" She asked dangling a bag over the middle of the table.
"Actually it's flavored meat. It even says so on the packaging," I replied snatching the bag from her. I passed out two to each person and gave the bag back to her. Everyone except Olivia of course. She was the only one who didn't like the flavored meat. Shame on her.

I spotted Christopher across the cafeteria. He was sitting back in his chair, laughing with his friends. And his arm was around that blonde girl he'd been kissing. Anger flared in my veins. I was sick of being hung up on him, but I couldn't help it.

Olivia touched my shoulder, "Okay, what is it?" she asked, her tone flat. She really wanted to know, but I just didn't want to say everything in the loud cafeteria.

"Can we go somewhere quiet?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, of course." she nodded. The two of us picked up our stuff and went to throw our stuff away. "I know a corner of the library we can hide in." she said as we walked out of the overcrowded room.