Chapter 11- My Saviors

"I asked you a question Andrew," I said my voice shaking. Andrew walked over to stand in front of me.

"Now Kenny, that's not how you greet your older brother! Plus, you know why I came home," he looked different from when I last saw him. His long brown hair was now cut, and he wore a polo shirt instead of his old lacrosse sweatshirt.

"Brothers don't leave their sister to raise herself. Brothers don't drop off the face of the earth for a year, and they certainly don't hit their little sister, by 8 years, for sneaking out to go to a bookstore!" I was crying, all the pain fresh in my mind. He tried to reach toward me but I stepped away from him.

"Kenny, I didn't mean to hurt you, I was jealous and drunk out of my mind. I realize now that I was the lucky sibling, Mom and Dad sent me to boarding school so that I wouldn't be stuck in this house alone while they were travelling. I ruined that chance for you. I'm so sorry," he said softly. His eyes showed he was truly sorry, but I needed time.

"Andy, I have homework. Can we talk about this later?" I asked hesitantly. He nodded slowly as I stepped away running to my room. I slammed the door behind me as I collapsed against it. Why did he have to show up now?

I sat in that same position for hours. I heard my phone buzz multiple times, but I didn't want to speak to my friends. Not right now. I just wanted to be left alone with my thoughts. Which could sometimes be very dangerous.

My brother had always been a sore topic. Only Payton and Olivia knew about him and that's how I wanted it to stay, unless he suddenly was better and wanted to be apart of my life. But I doubted he was actually better. I had no idea what he had been up to the time he was gone, and I had a feeling I didn't want to.

I decided to get up from my sitting position once my phone started to ring. No use moping around when the thing you are trying to mope about is in the same house right? I'd spend the night at Payton's. She was only just across the street. I picked my phone out of my pocket to text Payton to see she was the one calling.

"Hey Payton. What's up?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm.

"Whose car is that in front of my yard? And why haven't you been answering our texts?"

"I'll explain everything later. Can I spend the night?"

"Of course." she stated. "But you better explain. I want to make sure you're okay."

"I will. Don't worry. See you soon," I said quickly. I grabbed my duffle bag and shoved pajamas and an outfit for tomorrow in it. She already had everything else I would need over at her house so I walked down the stairs to the living room where Andrew was still sitting. I sighed, "Andy? I'm sleeping over at Payton's house. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok sis. Have a good time."

Part of me wished that he wouldn't be all so, okay, with this, but I didn't know where that came from. I guess deep down, I actually had a rebellious side.Or I just wanted to spend time with my older brother.

I walked out the door and across the street. I quickly knocked on Payton's front door and jumped up and down to try to keep warm. It had gotten surprisingly cold in the few hours I had spent apart from Liv and Payton. As soon as the door opened, I walked in, shoving slightly past Payton

"Well come in." Pay joked, but I didn't return her smile.

"Ok, something's definitely wrong. You always smile at my jokes. What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"He's home, Payton. Andrew came home," I whispered.

A look of shock came over her face for a second. I hadn't realized I'd started crying until Payton pulled me into a hug.