Ruby, a Rose among orchids.

Ruby's POV

Darkness... Surrounding me like a veil. Clearing my vision or at least attempting to was hard it was like I was blind or someone covered my eyes with a blanket or some other type of fabric.  Feeling around was useless too nothing.

"Omega I am scared." fearful of the answer I would get I barely hear the voice.

"Ruby you have a choice to make." A feminine voice speaks through the darkness causing light to fill the otherwise dark world.

"You can come with me and live in peace. Or you can save everyone's life that you hold dear at the cost of yourself." The voice speaks with softness and caring. I re... I recognize that voice. Mom.

"Yes sweetheart, I am your mother. I was given time to speak with you but you are on the line of life and death. Ozpin is trying to save you as we speak. However the experiment will fail if you choose to come with me. Knowing that here is the flip side of it just like there always is in life. If you choose to come, Omega and Yang and most of Vale will die." Summer speaks with caring a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Mo...Mom I know my choice. I...I will not come with you. I still have some things to catch up in with Yang and Omega." I say smiling as the tears roll down my face. The light started to turn in on itself and the darkness I was wrapped in become nothing but a dream. I was back at Beacon in a tube.

....

Ozpin's POV

Several hours have passed since the start of this experiment. Why was she not awake yet. She should have her mother's semblance put into her by now.

"Damn it Ruby. I know you can take it." I yell as the tears are rolling down her face. I knew that it would be painful. But her body was convulsing and shivering badly. Then it just stopped. Slowly her eyes opened up.

"Ruby?  Can you hear me?" I ask opening the pod the steam releasing as she drops to her knees in front of the pod.

"Yes Ozpin I can." Ruby said her eyes enveloped in a golden tint around her normal silver.

"Let the hunt begin." Ruby grabs her nearby weapon and launches herself toward the exist not giving me the slightest bit of time to explain. It was like she had received a divine help to know.

A/N I hope you all enjoyed. Just got done watching  the newest episode of Volume 3 and man does a lot of stuff go down. Well as always vote if you enjoyed it. Thanks.