Chapter 12 | Is that your chick?

"Bambi!"

"Bam Bam!"

Bambi took a deep breath giving Bria one more time to call her name before she snapped.

"Bambi Bambi fo fambi banana nana" Bria started to sing.

Nearly breaking her neck trying to get off the bed Bambi snatched her door open and was face to face with a smiling Bria.

"Call my name one more time and see if I don't go off. Take your happy ass on somewhere" Bambi attempted to close her door but Bria was in the way.

"Bambi get your sad ass up okay. Grant and Nate are having a cookout today and I want to go. Its bad enough you haven't talked to me all week."

"I'm not going to no cookout and I haven't talked to anyone. I have no plan to" she once again tried to close her door but gave up when Bria stood defiantly in the doorway.

Sighing Bambi hopped back into her bed and pulled the covers up to her neck.

"Is it because I took Mac back?" Bria stood over Bambi and asked.

"That's your life Bria, I'm really not pressed over that"

"So it has to be Nate?"

"Not him either" she lied a little. She was a little down not having Nate around since they had begun to spend so much time together but it wasn't even all about him. After Wednesday, Bambi was just in a bad mood. She didn't know if she was sad or mad, but she was feeling some type of way about everything.

"You can't stay in here"

"Yes I can and I will. Bria if you want to the party go have fun. You did it before I got here and you still can. Let me have my moment" she tried to reason but Bria wasn't having it.

"No get your ass up Bam. Fuck Nate, you don't need to be stressing over his ass."

"I'm not!" Bambi yelled making Bria take a step back. Bambi took a deep breath and rolled over onto her back pulling the covers over her head. "I'm sorry" she said to Bria with her face still covered.

"Bam for real, what's wrong?"

"Everything, it wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to be having the time of my life" she whined.

"You knew it wasn't going to work out like that. Shit happens Bambi, so what if Nate is an asshole and I'm stupid it doesn't mean you have to shut down"

"Bria I really don't care about you getting back with Mac, and Nate I shouldn't have started dealing with his ass in the first place. I'm just glad I ended it when I did."

"So if you're glad than lets go, he's going to be there and you're going to shut shit down in a bomb ass bathing suit. Let Lia know she aint shit"

"I'm not worried about that girl Bria"

"So come for me, after this I won't bother you about another party until homecoming"

"No"

"I'm going to call Nate over here" Bambi shot up in her bed glaring at Bria.

"Bria don't do that"

"so come with, Bambi you know I'm petty enough to call his ass. And he will come running"

"What time to be ready?" Bambi asked defeated. Bria would only wear her down and that would be more annoying than actually going to the cookout.

"An hour" Bambi nodded and watched Bria as she hopped off the bed and skipped out of the room obviously happy with the work she had done. Bambi lay back for a little while with her eyes closed trying to gather her thoughts. She wasn't necessarily nervous about seeing Nate but it was her anxiety that made it worse. She would only become anxious once she got to the party and seeing Nate would probably send her into a full on panic attack.