Chapter 26 | Talk it Out

Short chapter but I had to give yall the calm before the storm!

Enjoy!

"You still dodging him?" Bria asked Bambi who rolled her eyes.

"No" Bambi lied. As soon as Nate had walked into the café where they sat drinking smoothies she turned hoping he wouldn't see her.

"Girl whatever, you need to talk to him."

"No I don't Bria, when the time is right we'll speak" Bambi said catching a slight attitude already.

"You ever took into consideration how he might feel?" Bambi stopped sipping her smoothie and looked at Bria with the "bitch what" face.

"Bam, I'm serious. Of course we know he did some messed up shit but he did fall in love with you. He confessed his love for you and you end up with his cousin. Don't you think that hurt his feelings too?"

"Not as much as he hurt mines" Bambi's voice raised. She felt offended because she felt like Bria was taking his side which was just crazy.

"Yes he hurt you Bambi, but at the same time did you ever tell him how you felt? Did he know you were in love with him? No, and I'm not discrediting the fact that he did some wrong shit but let's face the facts. Yall weren't in a relationship."

Bambi turned away from Bria trying not to cry. Honestly Bria was right, but it didn't feel good to hear it. "So what I'm just supposed to act like he never did anything, just because we weren't in a relationship?"

"Bambi I'm not saying just act like nothing ever happened, but I'm saying don't just give up on yall friendship."

"Fuck the friendship!" Bambi snapped. She stood up and grabbed her bag just as Nate had approached their table.

"I can't with this" Bambi wiped the tears from her eyes before either Bria or Nate could see them. She walked away from them and damn near ran to her car.

She was scared of this happening. She was scared of realizing that she was still in love Nate. At the time when he said he loved her Bambi wanted to be with him but she wanted to be with Flip too. It was a confusing time and even though Bambi loved Flip and had no plans on leaving him, a part of her still wished she had taken a little more time to figure things out before hopping into a relationship.

Bambi sat in her bed working on an essay that wasn't due for another two weeks but she had nothing else to do. Bria hadn't come home which she was thankful for, there was nothing on TV and Flip was working so she couldn't talk with him.

She typed up the last word, and began to proof read over it when loud knocks were delivered to the front door. Bambi didn't stop reading because no one had told her they were coming over so she wasn't going to rush to open the door. They could wait.

The knocking didn't stop and Bambi found herself reading over the same sentence over and over. Finally, she got up and stalked to the door.

"What the actual fuck?" she snapped as she swung the door open.

Roland stood on the other side holding an envelope. "My bad" he said holding his hands up.

"Sorry Roland, I'm just not in the mood."

"It's cool, I was just bringing your mail" he passed her the envelope. It wasn't nothing but junk mail anyone with eyes could tell that.

"Thanks" she waved and closed the door. She couldn't even make it to her room before the knocking started again.

"Rola-" she said opening the door until she saw Nate standing there.

"No, no, no" Bambi attempted to close the door but Nate obviously was strong enough to stop her. He pushed his way in and closed the door behind himself.

"I don't want to talk Nate, I left earlier for a reason."

"We're going to talk. I want my friend back" he sat down and looked up at her which only pissed Bambi off because he looked so damn good. 

"Do you feel some type of way about me and Flip? Because I heard the conversation you had with him and it didn't sound like it" Bambi asked immediately

"Of course I feel some type of way Bam, I love you. That's not some shit that was going to go away that quick but I knew I had fucked up. I'm man enough to let you and my cousin be happy."

"And I thank you for that. I'm sorry if I hurt you or made you feel any type of way. I want my friend back too, I just don't want it to be awkward anymore."

"It's going to awkward until I fall out of love with your ass" he said truthfully.

Bambi nodded knowing he was right, "so does this mean I can spend all my free time with you again? Because I'm lonely, Flip doesn't visit enough."

Nate laughed and tossed his arm over her shoulder as they walked towards her room "yeah man, just don't get too comfortable. My dick might end up in you."

"Nate really?" Bambi pushed his arm off her shoulder and hopped into her bed.

"I'm just playing Bam, ima be respectful only because you're dating my cousin. Had it been anybody else and shit would be way different."

"If you say so" Bambi mumbled under her breath before she went back to reading her essay.