Chapter 25 | New Faces

"Nate where are you?!" Bambi yelled into her phone.

"I'm at home Bambi, why are you yelling?" he sounded like he had just woken up.

"Because you were supposed to be at school since this morning. You missed two classes Nate!" Bambi had made Nate send his schedule to her ever since his and Flip's get rich plan had gone into effect. Bambi knew it would take a lot for him to stay on top of school and she was going to make sure he finished.

"I'll go tomorrow" he said nonchalantly which only pissed her off more.

"Fuck that, I got Crystal to give me the work yall supposed to do, I'm coming over" Bambi hung up the phone just as she approached her car. All she really wanted to do was go home and sleep since he had been up since 5 in the morning finishing homework. But she couldn't let Nate fall behind.

She was making it her business to make sure he did well in his last semester, she would hate to see him get so far just to fail.

Bambi stopped and picked them up some Popeye's before she went to his house. He had already opened the door for her so she let herself in and headed upstairs. Nate was in the shower when she walked in.

Bambi took off her shoes and the jacket that matched her PINK yoga pants and sat on his bed. Bambi was biting into her first piece of chicken when the bathroom door opened and he walked out dressed in sweats. "I was hoping you wouldn't come" he stood rubbing lotion on his chest.

"I'm sure you were, I bought your ass some food so you can eat while you do this homework" she pointed to his bag of food that was sitting on the nightstand.

"Honestly Bambi, why the fuck do you care so much?"

"Why? Nate don't even ask me no stupid shit like that" she pointed at him with a half-eaten piece of chicken.

"That's a serious ass question."

"Fuck you Nate, I care because it's obvious that you don't."

Nate shook his head and grabbed his bag of food "you had your chance to care Bam."

His words made her face turn up "fuck you for real Nate. You can fail for all I care, see the next time I try to help your stupid ass" Bambi stood from the bed and pushed her feet into her shoes not even putting them on all the way. In seconds she was going down the stairs cursing him out the entire way.

"Bambi hold up" he came running down the stairs after.

"Kiss my ass, kiss my ass, kiss my ass" Bambi sang. She snatched the front door open but was pulled back before she could even step outside.

"You forgot that you were the one that fucked up not me, I cared the whole time nigga. It was your ass that didn't give a shit" she said snatching her hand from him. It took a lot out of her not to hit him.

"I know, my words came out wrong. I'm sorry."

"Nate sorry means nothing coming from you now. I'll see you" she didn't even spare him another look as she walked out annoyed as hell.

When she got home Bambi was not expecting for Bria to be outside, and she damn sure didn't expect to see her talking to some dude who wasn't Mac. She smiled and played with the ends of her hair letting Bambi know she was definitely trying to flirt.

Stepping out of her car Bambi had intentions on walking right past them and into their apartment but of course Bria had other plans.

"Bambi come meet our new neighbor" Bria waved her down.

Rolling her eyes Bambi approached the two and was pleasantly surprised at the man that was standing in front of them.

"Bambi this is Roland, Roland this is Bambi" Bria smiled even wider if that was even possible.