Chapter 23 | The end?

This is the last chapter for part 1! I have so many ideas for part 2 but I think I finally know what I'm going to do so the name of part 2 will be posted soon after this chapter. Its a happy ending for Bambi and Flip for now but much more is in store for them and Nate.

Enjoy!

Bambi looked down at a sleeping Flip who lay on her stomach. He never snored but he was now letting her know how tired he really was. Just an hour before they had gotten back from their date. He had taken her to Barton G, an expensive and very eccentric restaurant but she loved every minute of it. Afterward they walked on the beach for a while before heading back home.

It was a simple date but that was all Bambi had really wanted. What made it even more special was that he had just gotten off from working a twelve-hour shift but he still didn't cancel the date.

Flip had been a gentleman which was a side of him that Bambi had never really seen, he brought her two dozen long stem roses as they walked along the beach and even respected her no sex rule. So to say the night turned out good would be an understatement for her.

As he slept Bambi played with his dreads loving how soft his hair was. Her mind drifted off to Nate, wondering how he was since he was already back home. They texted a little just to keep in touch but Bambi had yet to tell him how she really felt. She hadn't said it aloud yet but Bambi was pretty sure that she wanted to try things out with Flip. Not just because Nate had messed up so badly but because Flip had captured her heart way before Nate even existed in her life. For Bambi it was more worth it to try things out with a person who hadn't treated her so badly and wanted the same thing as her.

"What you thinking so hard about?" Bambi looked down at Flip who was rubbing his eyes as he yawned.

"Us and Nate. I haven't really told him about us."

"So there is an us?" Flip sat up completely.

"I think I want it to be" she said with a shrug.

Laughing Flip leaned over and kissed her lips "you don't even know how long I've been waiting to hear that."

"I still feel like I owe Nate at least an explanation" Flip nodded in agreement.

"I feel you, I need to talk with him too. With Noah being gone I'm like his brother and I don't want no tension between us."

"That's true, I don't want to be the reason yall stop talking or the reason that yall relationship changes. I just can't be with him and I realize that I want you."

"All the hoes want Flip man" he cockily dusted off his clothes.

"Nigga bye!" she dismissively waved her hand "speaking of hoes what is going on with Ashley and your baby?"

Flip laughed and shook his head "why she gotta be a hoe Bam?"

"Because she's having your baby and I was supposed to be."

"That really got you mad huh?" Flip sat next to Bambi and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Yes and no. it's not like I can really be mad because I'm not ready for kids right now but I still wanted to be the first girl to have your baby."

"You might be though, I called to check up on her the other day and she was acting all weird. I went over there and her mama said she wasn't home. I don't know if something happened with the baby or if she realized I'm not the daddy."

"I hope she's okay though" Bambi said genuinely. She might not have liked the fact that she was having his baby but she wasn't about to wish any bad on the girl.