Prologue

Paige POV

I am on my way to my friend's birthday party. This is my first party to which I've ever been invited too. I am only in 2nd grade. The party is at Jumping Jacks. This is a place made for kids. There are a lot of jungle gyms, arcades, and such. It is heaven.

When I get to the party, I notice I am one of the last people there. Everyone is already playing, even Alexis. Alexis is the birthday girl, also my best friend. I found her. She is playing with everyone so I joined in. We are playing tag.

While playing, I noticed that Alexis's sister is here. Her name is Jordyn. She is a year younger than us. While running away from the boy trying to tag me, I smack into what feels like a brick wall. I instantly start crying. I could barely open my eyes because I was crying so hysterically. When I finally calmed down, I noticed I ran into Alexis's sister. Jordyn was on the ground crying with her parents' surrounding her. She has blood coming out of her mouth.

Jordyn POV

I was getting a little tired, so I headed to the lobby to sit with my parents. On my way there, I notice people running around. I was watching my sister's friends chase each other, and that's when I got run over. Someone ran into the side of me. I went flying to the ground. My face slammed off the ground. I started crying and holding my mouth. I started freaking out more when I saw all the blood on my hands. I heard my parents' voices rushing toward me.

"Move your hand honey, let me see." My mom was said to be as calm as she could.

I move my hand, and that's when I notice a tooth in my hand. My dad lifts me up and takes me to the lobby.

My parents got the blood cleaned up and put my tooth in a bag. My front tooth is the one that got knocked out. My parents leave the room for a second. I think they said they were going to the gift shop here to get me a new shirt to wear.

While I was sitting there, I saw Alexis and Paige walking in. I noticed Paige has been crying. She must have been the person who ran into me.

Alexis walked over, and she didn't look happy. "Do you have to be the center of attention all the time? You run into my friend and make a big scene. Thanks for trying to ruin my birthday." Alexis was being mean.

She didn't even see if I was okay. It hurt my feelings.

"She ran into me." I tried to defend myself.

Alexis looked over at Paige. Paige didn't say anything.

"Is that true?" Alexis asks her.

Paige looks up at me. "No. She ran into me on purpose." Paige lied.

Tears were forming in my eyes. My parents walked in. "That is no way to treat your sister. Several people saw Paige run into her. I don't appreciate lying." My mom defended me.

Both the girls walked away.

I cried in my mom's arms. My face hurt and my sister hurt my feelings.

"It is okay baby. They are just at that age. It was an accident." My mom says with a calm voice.

Paige POV

I felt bad for trying to lie about what happened with Jordyn. It was my fault, but I was in a weird position. I didn't want Alexis to think I was trying to hurt her sister, so when she put the blame on her, I just went with it.

She never caused problems when I went over to Alexis and played with her. She either is playing by herself or plays with us. She is going to end up growing up to hate me. I mean I knocked her tooth out.