Chapter 20

Jordyn POV

Alexis goes back to school after she brought me home this morning. I spent most of the day crying. I know it sounds pathetic. I don't want to let Paige go, but I have no other choice. I got the tears to stop around two which gave me time before anyone got home to get myself together.

Alexis returns home from school. She comes straight to my room to check in on me.

"How are you feeling?"

I sit up on my beds. "I'm fine." My head hurts a little still. I hit it good on the wall this morning.

Alexis walks over to me and takes a seat. "I have a plan. You aren't going to like it."

"What do you mean you have a plan?" I question. "A plan for what?"

Alexis starts to explain. "Paige is having a party tonight." Why am I not surprised by this? "You are going."

I shake my head. She is crazy if she thinks I'm going. "I don't think so. I'm not going anywhere near her!"

Alexis puts her hand in the air to shut me up. "You are going. It will be Derek, Callie and me as well so you won't be alone."

I had no words. I sit waiting to see the point of her plan because I'm not seeing it on my own.

"You showing up tonight will either snap Paige out of the funk she is in or it will show you that you need to let her go."

I tilt my head. "How do you think her seeing me will do that? She sees me every day at school."

"Derek." Alexis looks at me hesitantly. "You need to use him to make Paige jealous."

This sounds immature. If I need to make my girlfriend jealous to want me, what kind of relationship is that?

"Go shower." Alexis instructs. "You need to look presentable, not all sad."

I sigh as I get off my bed. I don't want to do this. I have a feeling tonight I'll end up single. Am I ready for that?

Derek and Callie eventually show up. When I see Derek, I notice his hair. It's the shortest it has been in a while. It looks good on him.

All of us head out to go to Paige's apartment. It's crazy that I haven't been here yet. What a great relationship.

We walked in and the apartment was packed. I have no clue how she doesn't get in trouble for these parties yet. She either has neighbors who come party with her, or they are never home. Surely, they can't enjoy this every weekend.

My eyes spot Paige across the room with a drink in her hand. It's crazy to me how she can drink with what happened to her dad.

"Do you want to get a drink?" Derek tugs on my hand pulling me with him towards the alcohol.

I hope Alexis told him the plan. No matter what happens, I don't want to get back with him.

Paige POV

Alexis walks in and I notice she wasn't alone. Callie, Jordyn and Derek all come in behind her. My eyes go to Jordyn.

It's good to see she is fine after our collision in the hallway.

An annoyance takes over me when I see Derek grab her hand. I wonder how long he had been planning to make a move on her.

I try to ignore them. I keep drinking and drinking. The music was loud, and everyone here was having a fun time. Why not enjoy my time as well?

I was about to go sit on the couch when Derek and Jordyn both sat down together. God they are attached at the hip.

"Great place you have here."