Chapter 11

Jordyn POV

It has been one week since I have been grounded. My parents have been strict with this grounding. I couldn't have my cell phone or computer. I also had to come straight home after school.

They have never cracked down on Alexis like this before and she has had many curfew warnings, so why do I get treated differently?

Alexis is finally treating me like her sister. I think taking the fall for her, she realizes I'm not the person she tries to make me out to be. I never wanted us to have a strained relationship.

The worst part of the grounding has been only seeing Paige in school. She hasn't been over at all with Alexis which is odd. I haven't tried to push her to come because I know Alexis will think something is up. Maybe she is staying away so we don't get caught by Alexis doing something we aren't ready for her to know about.

Paige and I haven't talked anymore about what we are. It's a little hard to have that type of conversation in school with everyone eavesdropping.

I'm not sure if we are headed towards a relationship or not. Do I want to be in a relationship that has to be hidden? Am I 100% sure I even like girls and want to be seen as a bisexual or even a lesbian?

After I go through those questions, the same answer remains. I like Paige. I like her a lot and it won't matter if it's hidden. It's nobody's business. I guess we will see what happens.

As for tonight, I know Paige is staying here with Alexis. I assume those two will be going to a party and not be home until late. I'll spend the night alone.

I get home around six. My parents allowed me to work after school with my friends on "homework" for once. It's funny how they think on a Friday that is what we would be doing.

I go straight up to my room as the house is empty. I open the door and notice a note on my bed alongside my phone.

-You can have this back, but you are still grounded for the remaining week. - Love Mom & Dad

It's pathetic how much I missed my phone. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to my phone, but when you have zero communication with people outside your house when you are home, you go a little crazy.

I turn my phone on and after a minute it starts buzzing. I have a lot of random text from my friends, who obviously didn't understand when I told them I was grounded.

I lay on my bed and try to decide if I should text Paige. Most likely she is with my sister and if I text her right when I get my phone back, Alexis could see. She would easily connect the dots. -Jordyn's grounded and gets her phone back. The first person she texts is Paige... that isn't suspicious at all.... - I can see how that will play out.

I push myself off my bed and plug my phone into my IHome. I click shuffle on my music and swing my door shut but it stays open by a hair.

No one is home and I have been music deprived so I crank it up. The first song that comes on is Acapella by Karmin. I start going crazy as I dance around my room and sing along with the words.

-You don't gotta love 'em, girl, you can pretend You bet I totes believed her Yes, every word she said Thought he was gluten-free but all that I got was bread Mama always said "Nice guys finish last, Beat him at his own game, honey, take the cash" -

I looked towards my door and almost had a heart attack. Paige and Alexis are both standing there laughing at me. Instead of getting embarrassed, I dance over to them and pull both of them into my room as I keep singing.

-Ooh, and what a lucky girl you will be But no, he didn't do jack for me I want a bean with the beanstalk A and if the magic ain't right, time to walk -