Chapter 3

Jordyn POV

Last night was the Homecoming football game. It was by far the tightest game our team has played this season. It was a nail biter all the way to the finish. Thankfully, we ended up with the win. Typically the game before the Homecoming dance is an easy one, but this year we played the team who knocked the boys out of the playoffs last year. If you can imagine, the guys are now all on a high from the win.

All week all the girls could talk about was the dance and all the boys could talk about was the game. If they would have lost, our night would probably be ruined by their sour moods.

At the game, they announced Homecoming king and queen. It surprised no one that Derek won. What surprised me was Alexis winning the queen. I know she is popular. It's hard for me to see her beyond a bitchy sister. She of course tried to rub it in my face that she won and gets to dance with Derek now.

"I can't believe you have to witness your boyfriend dance with your sister." Claire comments as she works on my hair for the dance. "You know she is going to pull something. I won't be surprised if she tries kissing him in front of everyone to make you mad."

I sigh. "I doubt she would go that far. She might not be dating Jake, but they are at least something. I don't think she will go that low." I at least hope not.

Claire finished my hair and I got my dress on. Callie was here as well getting ready with us. Once all of us were ready to go, we headed downstairs to wait for our rides to leave. We are getting picked up separately, but meeting at Scott's.

Unfortunately we are going in the same group with Alexis and her friends since all our dates are friends with their dates.

I'm prepared for Alexis to make the dinner before the dance hell for me, but hoping she doesn't. It's her senior year so her focus should be to enjoy this one last time with her friends not to torment me.

Claire and Callie get picked up by their dates first. Derek shows up shortly after them in his truck.

When I get situated, I turn to get a good view of him. I smile at how handsome he looks. His hair is the shaggiest it has been, but he has it combed nicely. He refuses to cut it until football season is over. He tells me his mom hates it. He thinks it's good luck since they are undefeated. I like it though; it looks good on him.

The drive to Scott's was quiet besides the music playing. I went to open my door to get out, but Derek stopped me. I look at him with his light brown eyes staring right at me. When he looks at me like this, it makes me jittery.

He leans across the middle console and gives me a sweet, short kiss before pulling away. He grabs his cell phone and starts talking. "I want to get the first picture with you."

I giggle as I lean in close. Before he snaps the picture, I mess with his hair to make sure it wasn't in his gorgeous eyes.

We take a series of pictures. We took smiling pictures and a couple of silly ones. He also managed to get one of us kissing. I'm not a fan of those pictures, but he got lucky.

"You better send me those!"

He gives me a kiss on the tip of my nose. "I'm on it now."

Derek and I walk to the backyard where the pictures are being taken hand in hand. It appears we are the last two to show up.

"Wow, thanks for finally showing up." Alexis hisses. "I'm glad we all can follow what time to be here, but you can't."

I ignore her. Callie and Claire got here moments before us. Did she yell at them too?

Derek and I joined the group for photos. It took over forty minutes to get through all the pictures. After standing around for a bit talking, we all headed out to our reservation we had at the steakhouse.