Chapter 6

Paige POV

Alexis waits until I'm on my way to geography to chew me out.

"Are you trying to replace me bitch?" Her eyes were full of anger.

I had a good guess what she was talking about, but I decided to let her tell me herself. "What are you talking about?"

Alexis flashes me her phone. On her screen is my Facebook page which shows my post of the picture of Jordyn and I from the game. Not to mention, I made my display picture as one of the pictures.

"What is the big deal?" I ask. "The game was fun with her, and I liked the pictures."

Alexis rolls her eyes. "I don't want you two hanging out or being friends. She is a brat."

How can she justify calling Jordyn that? Does she think she can control my life?

"Sorry to break it to you Alexis, but we have to hangout. We are partners for a project." With that, I walk away and hurry to get to class on time.

When I get into the classroom, I notice Jordyn has her head on the desk. This is unusual for her.

I take my seat and lean over. "Are you okay?"

Jordyn lifts her head up. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired." Her face is telling a different story.

We might not be tight, but I know she is lying. "Are you sure?"

She tries to put a smile on but fails. "It's nothing important." Her voice has a defeated tone.

"It's always important." I told her.

She sighs. "When do you want to work on the project again?"

The first part of our project is due next week. We have had no class time to work on it either.

"How about tonight and Wednesday? Does that work for you?"

Jordyn nods. "Yeah, sounds great. Where are you?"

I don't want to deal with Alexis or give her a reason to be mean to Jordyn, especially if she is having a rough day.

"My dad will probably be gone, so let's do it at my house. I will be there this time." I smile at her trying to cheer her up.

She returns it even though her eyes look sad.

During lunch Alexis tries giving me the cold shoulder. I sit down and she ignores me.

"Seriously?" I question her.

Alexis can't stay silent. "Why are you befriending my sister?" Her eyes were staring right at me.

I don't want to fight with her. If I tell her what she wants to hear, it will get her off my back.

"We are working on a school project. That's it, nothing more."

As I let the last words out I see Alexis look behind me. I turn my head instantly to see Jordyn walking past me.

"Did you hear that Jordyn?" Alexis calls out to her. "Stick with your own friends."

Jordyn keeps walking, not saying a word.

Shit.

"Why do you always do that?" I bite my tongue before I explode.

I ignore Alexis for the remainder of lunch. I was going to text Jordyn after lunch when Alexis wasn't peaking over my shoulder anymore, but I decided against it. I don't think a text message will change anything.

I will wait until after school when she comes over, if she decides to come.

When I got home, as expected, my dad wasn't there. It's sad, I don't remember the last time I actually saw him. All I get is the mess of him I have to clean up.