Chapter 10

Three Weeks Later...

Jordyn POV

Tonight is the state championship game. Our school made it and crazy enough our school is hosting the game. This caused a lot of drama with the opponent. Typically the game is played at The University of Washington, but there was a conflict this year with scheduling.

I'm not quite sure how they messed it up when this is a recurring event every year. Regardless the game is happening at our school since our field was voted best upkeep.

I know our fans, especially the students, are not complaining. Now we don't have to travel. This means it will be quicker to get to a party afterwards.

I'm currently still in a relationship with Derek. Every time I think about breaking it off, I chicken out. With playoffs happening and now state, I didn't want to be a distraction for him.

We barely see each other. Any time he asks to hang out, I give him an excuse why I can't. At schools, we don't talk much anymore. I have been distancing myself from him. The guilt is driving me crazy.

Paige and I still spend time together. That is where I typically am when Derek asks me to hangout. We have been working on our final stages of our project.

We haven't done anything physically or put ourselves in positions to cross the line. We don't even talk about anything that has happened. Again, this makes me feel guilty because I know Paige's feelings.

My group of friends are at my house getting ready for the game. They all have their boyfriend's jersey on or in Callie's case friend's jersey on. I have debated whether or not I should wear Derek's jersey. I know if I don't it will cause drama.

"What's going on with Derek and you?" Callie questions as I put his jersey on over my sweatshirt.

I do my best to make myself sound convincing. "Nothing, we are fine."

Everyone stares at me. I can tell no one believes me.

"Come on Jordyn." Callie crosses her arm not appreciating me lying. "We are your best friends."

I don't know what to tell them. I don't want to lie, but I can't exactly tell them the truth.

"I'm trying to figure it out. I have been trying to wait until football is over. That's the best answer I can give you all right now."

Callie pulls me out of my room into the hallway. "Are you guys going to break up?" She whispers.

"Soon."

Before she could ask more, the other two girls came out of my room. We head out down the stairs.

"Hey Alexis." Callie greets my sister, causing me to turn my head. I see her and Paige coming from the kitchen. When did Callie start greeting my sister? "Paige, good to see you."

What is going on?

"Hey." Alexis has an unusual smile on. "You all should sit with us at the game. The guys have extra couches in the end zone." Alexis insisted, causing my friends to be confused.

"Okay cool." I answer for the group.

Since the night of her failed movie night with me, she has been surprisingly nicer to me. She has turned a leaf. If not, we will find somewhere else to sit, no harm.

When we get to the field, I spot Derek. He wasn't with his team or out on the field, which was odd. I try to hide behind my friends so he doesn't see me, but he does.

"Jordyn." He calls out. "Come here."

Everyone kept walking and I walked over to him. "Why are you not warming up?"