Chapter 9

Jordyn POV

I skipped school Wednesday and Thursday telling my mom I was sick. I wasn't ready to see Derek knowing what he is expecting from me now. I was also not ready to look at Paige without feeling guilty, even though I shouldn't.

I first saw Derek when I walked in the school. He went on about how he thought I wanted to break up with. It honestly was a turn off on how he was acting. It also made me realize I'm a bad  person thinking that when I have mixed feelings.

I told him I didn't want to break up, but I don't know to be honest. I'm confused about a lot of things. I know for sure I didn't want to have sex the other night, but I did it anyway.

I saw Paige a couple of times, but it was clear she was ignoring me. I'm not sure why exactly.

Luckily the school day is over. I arrive home wanting to lock myself in my room for the weekend.

As I walk up the stairs, I see Alexis coming out of her door.

"Do you have plans tonight?"

Why does she care? "No."

The football team has a bye this week. Derek has something to do with his parents, so I know he isn't going to ask me to do anything. Even if he did, I would decline.

"Great, let's watch movies in the basement after dinner." Alexis suggests before walking back to her room.

Did she really ask me to watch movies with her? Did she talk to me without being mean?

After supper, I go to the basement waiting for Alexis to come down. When she said after dinner, I thought she meant right after. It has now been an hour. I was about to give up, but I finally heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Only issue is I hear too many footsteps.

Alexis is the first one to appear followed by Jake, Paige and a guy I don't know.

"Why are they here?" I ask with anger and confusion.

My eyes go to Paige's hand that is interlocked with the guy.

I take a hard swallow before looking back at Alexis waiting for her to answer. "We are going to watch a movie." She says nonchalantly.

Jake and Alexis take a seat on the loveseat.

"You should call Derek to come over." Alexis suggests. "It can be a triple date movie night."

I watch as Paige and the guy she is with sits on the couch I'm on.

"No thanks." I'm highly irritated. "I thought you wanted to hangout, just the two of us."

I stand up and head for the stairs. "Jordyn, stop. Don't be lame and sit back down."

I turn around to see all of them staring at me. If I run up the steps I'm free. So why am I walking back to the couch?

During the movie, I sat as close to the arm rest as I could. That didn't stop me from accidentally bumping my hand into Paige through the movie, especially when it was a jump scare. I kept apologizing. She said it's fine, but I feel completely awkward.

The first movie is over, and Alexis puts in another. As she does, she looks over at Paige. "Truth or Dare?"

Here we go.

"Dare." Paige says with no hesitation.

Alexis looks at her and wiggles her eyebrows. "I dare you to make out with Colton."

How predictable. Well, now I know the dude's name. Paige leans over and "performs" her dare.

That was the final straw. I push myself off the couch and go to the stairs.