Chapter 25

Jordyn POV

It has been a month since softball started. We are off to a hot start. We are currently undefeated. Alexis and Paige are also on fire. They both are batting over .500. I would rather not mention my batting average. The only time I'm on base is if I'm pinch running. I have given up all hope of hitting. I know my role and I'm perfectly fine with it.

My mom has changed a lot over the month. At first, after our talk, she was trying to not let me see Paige at all. This lasted for about 3 days.

My dad saw what she was doing. He finally spoke up and got on to her. There were a lot of tears from my mom, but she is learning to be okay. She lets me go out with Paige without Alexis. She also allows Paige to come here when it's not for Alexis. I knew she would never deny Paige at our house.

My dad and I haven't talked about it. All he did was come up and say he loves me no matter what. To be honest, that is all I need. I feel like it would be awkward if he asked questions. It's awkward for anyone to ask questions. When it's people my age, the first thing they ask is "How can girls have sex with another girl".

Alexis and I have been spending a lot of time together. If I'm not with Paige and she isn't with Jake, you will find us together. I haven't hung out with my regular friends in forever. Trust me, they have noticed.

I'm in English with Callie. We were given a project and our teacher told us to pick a partner if we want to work with someone.

My head turns to Callie expecting her to want to work with me. She glances at me and looks away. I see her ask Amy, a girl she never has talked to before. Amy laughs in her face. This didn't please Callie.

Callie turns to me. "I guess we will work together." Her voice sounds unpleasant.

I look right at her. "I can work by myself."

She glares at me then raises her hand. "Jordyn and I are working together." She tells the teacher to put our names. This ought to be fun.

We didn't have any time to work on our project today in class.

When we left the classroom, Callie walked beside me. "I'll come over after dinner so we can start." Before I could say anything, she walked off.

Paige POV

A month and half and I'll be finished with school. I can't wait and neither can my mind. It's so hard to be motivated to do any school work. The weather is starting to get nice. I want to be free. Luckily for me I don't have any hard classes. The hardest one I have is geography.

Alexis and I both decided on a college. We both were offered softball scholarships to smaller schools, but we declined them. We are going to Washington State. We aren't going there to follow each other even though it looks like it. I don't want to play softball in college and Alexis doesn't want to play for a small school.

The first year we will be living in dorms since it's a rule. Alexis and I put down that we don't want to be roommates. There were a lot of reasons for this. We don't want to ruin our friendship by rooming together. We know we would be perfectly fine in an apartment. In a small dorm, I could see us killing each other. Also, she doesn't want to be in a room while I'm intimate with her sister.

This year our softball team is the best team I have been a part of. Personally, I'm having a wonderful year. I have hit home runs before in games, but they were all in the park. This year I finally got two to go over the fence. The first one wasn't as good as the second. My first home run I thought it was a popup to center field, until I saw the coach telling me to keep going.

Our dugout was going crazy and I didn't understand until the shortstop on the other team congratulated me telling me I had a good hit. When I hit home plate, Alexis basically killed me by jumping on me screaming. I'm pretty sure she was more excited than I was. My second home run was bad ass. It was off the fastest pitcher we faced this year. It was a line drive shot and it went sailing over the fence.