Chapter 4

Jordyn POV

Callie and I get to school Monday after the eventful weekend. Callie bolted once we got to school leaving me in the parking lot by myself. I didn't tell her about Paige. If I did, I don't think she would leave me here by myself as Scott is approaching me.

I try to avoid him, but there is no use. He is coming right at me.

"Look here you bitch." He gets right in my face. "You better stay out of my way next time."

I try to hold my laugh in as I try to walk away. He grabs a hold of my wrist and yanks me back in front of him.

"Ouch." I cry out as I try to break free of his grasp.

We now have numerous eyes on us.

"I'm warning you." He jerks my wrist one last time.

He stares at me before letting me go and walking off.

My wrist is throbbing.

I went to my locker and tried to get my stuff quickly hoping not to see him again. Someone came up behind me and I jumped.

Thank God it was Derek.

"What made you so spooked?" Derek looks concerned.

I show him my wrist.

"Who did this to you?" His eyes were wide, and I could see anger boiling in them.

I thought about not telling him. "Scott." I say softly.

Without any hesitation Derek takes off to look for him. I follow him hoping he doesn't do anything stupid.

Scott was walking down the hall towards Alexis and Paige.

Derek jogs up to him before he could get to Paige.

"don't go near her." Derek demands. Scott tries to push past him, but Derek doesn't budge.

I walk over to Paige and Alexis to stand by them.

Paige gives me a quick smile followed by a confused look by both girls. All our attention turns back to Derek and Scott. Everyone in the hallway attention is on them.

"What the fuck is your problem dude?" Scott is trying to play stupid.

Derek looked over at us and then swung his fist at Scott's face. I gasp. I didn't think Derek was the type of person to fight. Scott went straight to the ground being caught off guard by the punch.

Derek knelt beside him. "You better stay away from Paige and don't ever put your hands on my girlfriend again."

Derek walks down the hall and heads out the door. I was going to go after him, but I think he needs time to cool off.

"What does he mean to never put his hands on you?" Alexis questions me.

The thirty second bell rings. "I have to go." I walk off without answering.

Alexis won't believe me if I tell her. I don't need to hear her comments or her trying to say I want attention, not after the shit Scott pulled this morning. It hurt and the look in his eyes was frightening.

During the first hour Derek sent me a text apologizing. I don't agree with the violence. I do however admire how he stood up for Paige.

Paige POV

I zone my first hour class out. I'm still on edge with what happened this weekend and now this morning. I want to ask Jordyn about it. I walk into the second hour with time to spare.

Jordyn is already sitting at her desk when I walk through the door. I take a seat and turn to the girl.

"What happened with Scott and you?"