A Taste of Seoul

I smiled at the note on my presents. I swung my legs out of bed, sat on the side and stretched. I smiled at the sight of my heels sat up perfectly against the wall for me. I was grateful he'd taken them off for me, 'cause I probably wouldn't be able to stand up the next morning if I had slept with those suffocating she-devils on me.

I got up and showered, washed my face and brushed my teeth. I put my hair up in a messy bun and slid on some skinny jeans with a black top. I put a little mascara on and carried my presents over to Taehyung's room. I struggled to knock because of everything I was carrying, but thankfully, he answered after my second knock almost immediately.

"Oh gosh," he laughed as he took the boxes out of my hands. "Come in."

I walk in and slide the rest of the bags off of my arms and sit down on the couch next to him. He sits next to me and takes a picture of me on his phone.

"Why?" I laughed.

"You look like a model today. Might as well play the part."

I smiled. "Hey, thanks for last night. I appreciate you making sure I got in safely."

"I wasn't just going to leave you in my car, Ash."

I rolled my eyes. "I take it back."

"Ani ani," he laughs. "I'm only kidding. You're welcome. I want to thank you for my back pain in return."

"Ya, I'm not even that heavy!" I nudge him. "Which one should I open first?"

"It doesn't matter. Just open mine last."

"Okay. Just because you're special."

I opened gifts big and small from my new friends. I was given a shirt with "ASH" on the back printed with the number 24 underneath it. On the front, was our school logo. I felt so happy knowing I was apart of the team. I was given candy, stuffed animals, and a couple of gift cards.

"Do you guys do this every time you get a new member?"

"Not really. Most of us came at the same time. The only time we did it aside from you was for Justin, because he's from America too. We figured the farther the distance, the more grand the gift."

"That's a funny principle," I laughed. "But it's cute."

"Best for last.. bam bam!" He put his gift bag in front of me.

"Ah, the special gift," I grinned eagerly. I pulled a big box out of the gift bag and started unwrapping it. It was a Nike box. "You got me shoes??" I opened the box to find a beautiful pair of color streaked Nike's. I looked at him and shook my head. "You didn't have to do this. I can't accept this."

"Yes you can."

"I just told you I can't," I rolled my eyes.

"Give me a good reason."

"Shoes aren't cheap Tae. I don't like people spending too much money on me."

"No need to flatter yourself. My dad works for Nike," he smiled. "I got a good discount."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm having trouble believing you. But, since they're so cute, I'll accept it. Thanks Tae." I grinned.

He pointed to the bag. "You're forgetting something."

I reached back down into bag and found a small bag that almost perfectly fit into the palm of my hand. "Aww. What's this?" I reached in and pulled out a gift card. "Mrs. Kim's? What's that?"

"My mom's restaurant. Let's just say my parents never leave me short on gifts."

I smiled. "I should be thanking your parents instead of you for these gifts," I joked. "But thanks again Tae."