My Mom's Visit

Two weeks had passed and Taehyung and I were back on good terms. Hoseok seemed to have his feelings under control, and we were able to talk like good friends. I got to know Ji-hye a little more, and we actually related to a lot of similar things. Her and Tae seemed to be on the same  "just friends" terms as him and I were. Everything was where I wanted it to be at the moment, and I couldn't have been happier at the time..until my mom called!

She told me she was coming to visit me in Korea. I couldn't wait to see her and catch up with her. We share each other's drama like we're best friends, and boy, I had a LOT to tell her. She wanted to meet the friends I'd made and my friends were stoked to meet her too. I made sure my apartment was clean and ready for her to sleep in for a few days. We planned to catch up and meet with Tae, Hoseok, and Ji-hye at Mrs. Kim's restaurant.

She told me she'd arrive at an early hour in the morning, so I told her to knock hard just in case I was slumped. I heard a knocking at my door at 5 am. I shot up from my couch quickly with my eyes still low. I speed-walked over to the door and saw my fabulous, but exhausted mama and gave her a big hug.

"Hey baby!!" She whispered and closed the door behind her.

"Hey mommy! I missed you."

"I missed you too Buggy."

I never knew where the name "Buggy" came from, but she's been calling me by it since I was little.

"You can put your stuff over there and wash up or whatever in there. We'll catch up in the morning. I moved to the couch so you can have the bed. Goodnight," I flopped on the couch.

"Glad to see you haven't changed," she laughed. "Goodnight baby."

The next morning, I walked to the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge that wasn't there before I went to bed. It was next to Hoseok's note from the necklace. 

"Who wrote this for you girl?? We most definitely need to catch up."

I slapped my hand on my forehead. "I hope she doesn't embarrass me tonight," I whispered.

"What was that?" She rose up from her bed and laughed.

"I said I love you mom."

"Mhmm." She got up and stretched. "What you be cookin' up in here missy?"

"Rice. And more rice."

"Nah, I know you got some new Korean recipes under 'ya belt now. You just don't want me to ask 'ya to cook."

"Ask me to cook? You? No momma, you tell me to cook. And I'm tired."

"You're not the one who just got off the plane. But I'll be quiet and cook you something cause I missed you. What you want?"

"Doesn't matter." I opened the fridge and the freezer. "This is what I got. Think you can work with it?"

"I can work with this leftover chicken and put it in your microwave."

"I second that," I laughed.

We sat down at my island table and ate our fried chicken, chatting away.

"They almost make it better than us!" She said.

"Right? I said the same thing when I first tried it."

"Okay, so. About your little note. Who's that?" She cooed.

"A fellow performer gave me that with a necklace."

"Fellow performer my ass. You got a boyfriend?"

"No mom. It really was from a fellow performer."