Just as friends

[ Megan's POV ]
I had so much fun last night. He texted me earlier and were going to have a picnic at the park. Just as FRIENDS. I am gonna go get ready, he'll be here any minute. Just as I was finishing up, I heard a knock at the door. Knowing who it was I rushed down stairs and opened the door revealing Cade.
"Ya ready to go?"
"Yepppp."
When we got to the park he laid out the blanket and put down the basket. He brought out fruits of all kind and...wait?! MELTED CHOCOLATE! Hehe. We made small talk and laid down, looking up at the blue sky.
"Your favorite animal?" He kept asking a bunch of random questions.
"Turtle."
"Favorite tv show?"
"Saving Carter."
"Favorite color?"
"Maroon."
"Favorite sex position?"
"What?! No!"
"It was worth a shot. Favorite band?"
"I might not look like it, but I am obsessed with MCR."
"Really?"
"Yep."
He rolled over and held his head up with his hand. I rolled over and did the same. We were staring at each other for what seemed to be an eternity. It was so hard not to get lost in his big beautiful brown eyes. Was I falling for him? No. I can't. Next thing I knew we were getting closer and I was starting to close my eyes. Then my phone rang...
What the heck?! Whyyy? This stuff only happens in movies! Ugh! I answered it...
"Hello."
"Hey, love. I'll be there in 15."
"...Ok, see you soon."
"Okie dokie. I love you."
"Yea, I um- love you too."
Then I hung up. I looked over to see Cade cleaning up. Karma's a b- ugh. 
The whole walk home was silent. I feel so ashamed. He probably hates me...
We finally reached our houses.
"So um...I'll text you later." He says more like a question.
"Yea." I said with a smile. I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same. We just stood there was a minute in each other's arms. And then I seen Charley down the street.
"Go! Go! Go! Bye!" He dashed off to his house and I went inside and laid on the couch trying to calm my heart rate from the dash. Soon enough, I heard a knock at the door. Here we go.