Hummingbird

TIME SKIP/ A MONTH LATER:

[ Cade's POV ]

Megan was currently freaking out cause her parents were coming back tomorrow. And to top it off, they picked Charley and his parents up on their way back. The last few weeks have been like hell already with my mom. Now Megan's going back home, AND back to Charley. Just peachy.
"Megan. Stop running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and sit." She took a lung full of air and sat next to me on the couch. Rearranging my body to face her I scrunched up my face to try and lighten the mood. She just snorts and rubs her eyes.
"I'm sorry I've been so on edge lately. I'm sorry I've been pushing you away. It's just...ugh...I don't know what to do. I love you but I can't. I have a 'boyfriend' for heavens sake. Dude, I slept with you last night! And the night before that. I could go on! Even people with 'boyfriends' don't even do that. Well sometimes...but that's not the point."
I just sat there, staring at the fabric of the couch.
"Please say something, Cade."
I looked up at her enough just to make eye contact.
"This whole thing is like a hummingbird. It resembles a hummingbird. The humming bird starts out amazing and beautiful. This certain hummingbird was adapted to the cold. All was great. Then, summer just had to take the beatific bird by the wing and show her how great summer would be. The little hummingbird doesn't want winter to know she with summer so she flys back and forth. Back and forth. One day, the little beauty's heart, gives out. It dies."
There was a moment of silence.
"This isn't the pledge. We don't have to have a moment of silence." Sorry, I'm still Cade.
"Jack ass."
"You could try jacking my ass. Something new."
"Shut up, Cade. That didn't even make sense." She said hitting my shoulder playfully. She leaned over and pulled my chin up with her index finger and thumb.
"Thank you. You can always make things better." Planting a kiss on my lips, she got off the couch and walked up stairs. When she got around the edge of the couch, I smacked her butt.
"YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE THINGS EVEN BETTER? SEX!" I hollered from the couch. ...Oh shit! Feeling heat rise to my cheeks when I realize my mom was only in the guest room. Mental face palm.

***

Megan told me to get dressed cause I was meeting someone. Hm. I wore my secret British accent society shirt I got when I first moved here, black skinny jeans, converse, and my beanie.

 [ Megan's POV ]  To get my mind off everything, I texted Josh and asked if he wanted to meet Cade

[ Megan's POV ]
To get my mind off everything, I texted Josh and asked if he wanted to meet Cade. Of course, he said yes. I put on my black crop top, white ragged shorts, the necklace Josh got me two years ago. We have this thing where every year, I get him a watch, and he gets me a necklace. Via mail, though. It sucked. I'm just glad his parents are here for a year. Anyways, and my cardigan.

When I got down stairs, Mr

When I got down stairs, Mr.Farley, was doing his hair. I just sat on the couch and waited. About 30 minutes later Cade announced he was done. Finally. He took one look at me and narrowed his eyes. After giving him a questioning face he in lighted me with his thinking.
We were going to see 'someone' and you're dressed like that. Again.
"Really?"
He just smirked and headed to the door.

When we got to Josh's house, after tons of turning around and cussing, Josh was outside drinking a beer. Let me say this. Josh's house is amazing. Better than anything I've ever seen. He's parents are my parents boss's boss. He doesn't let the money get to him. I always loved that about him. I turned and seen Cade staring at me with his mouth a little ajar.
"It's not the pledge." I said copying his voice.
"Jack ass." Of course, he says it in a girly voice.
I just rolled my eyes and got out of the car running to Josh.

[ Cade's POV ]

I already don't like this guy.
When I got out I seen Megan kiss Josh. On the mouth. What. Ok. Ok, Cade. Don't jump to conclusions.
"Oh Josh, this is Cade. Cade, this is Josh."
I looked to Megan who was smiling bigger than ever and decided to play nice.
"So you're the guy that stole my girl? Just so you know, she likes it slow." He says.
"What the fuck?! Don't talk about her like that! Who the fuck are you to talk about her like that?"
"Woah. Sorry man, I was joking."
"Don't 'joke' like that. I was reading to kill you." I winked at him.
Now I really don't like this guy. How did he know Megs? And how the hell did he know about what she likes?!
"Cade, babe. Relax."
"You guys want something to drink?"
"Sure. Do you still have that really good Champaign?"
"Of course. What about you?"
"I'll take a beer. Thanks."
"I have tons of different types. Why don't I go show you. I don't know what kind you'd like."
"Different types of beer? Nah, I'll just take a Schwarzbier." My fathers favorite.
"Oh. Ok then. I'll be right back." He gives me the fake-est smile and walks inside.
"How long do we have to stay here?"
"Wow, Cade. We just got here."
"He clearly doesn't like me and I sure to god don't like him."
"Just an hour. We'll go home in a hour."
"Can I set a alarm?"
She just looked at me blankly.
Then Mr.Josh came back.
"So, how have things been since last month?"
"Crazy. My parents...and Charley, are coming back tomorrow.", she looked at me, "Oh yea, I have to stay at my house tonight. Everything is back on. You can sleep over but you have to be out of there by 4. Unless you want you and I both to die."
"The hummingbird can't die yet." I just winked at her and turned to Josh who had his eyebrow raised.
"Inside joke." Megan said.

***
We ended up spending three hours there. I got pretty drunk. They were flirting and talking about memories and he even told of the 'first kiss'. Ugh.
Megan had to drive cause I was in no state to.
"Cade? Why did you get drunk?"
Unaware, I spoke, "I couldn't stand...my hummy bird with the spring!"
She busted out laughing. We went to her house and went to her room. The only time I really stayed there was the night we stayed on the couch. I couldn't really think straight so I just climbed into bed.
"Don't you wanna like, take your pants and shirt off? I mean you don't have to it's just -."
"Shhh. I'll take them off." I sat on the edge of the bed and stripped everything off. Including my boxers.
"We should...lock the door."
[ Megan's POV ]
Cade seriously wanted to hook up right now? His words were slurred and he moved slow.
"We can lock the door, but just to prevent Charley or my parents from coming in here. We aren't doing anything."
"It's 1 am. Why not?"
"You're drunk am I am not taking advantage of you. Now, I don't care if you sleep naked or whatever, it's kinda weird but eh, nothing I haven't seen before. But we are not doing anything."
"You should sleep naked too."
"No. I shouldn't. Cause if I did, you'd try to make a move on me."
"Please." He leaned over and started kissing my neck.
"No! Stop." I hate whining but I can't right now. Cade's drunk.
"Fine. Just one of my shirt and panties?"
"Will you go to sleep then? I'm tired."
"Yes. Pinky promise."
We shook pinkies and I got out of bed. I removed my bra, and shirt and got one of his shirts out of the bottom drawer. He keeps a few there just in case. 😏. I took off my pants and climbed into bed. Cade patted his stomach, wanting me to lay on top of him.
"But it will be weird."
He just kept patting. After scoffing, I laid on top of him and planted a small kiss on his chest. He put his hands on my butt and held me.
"Hey, Megan? I like your butt."
"Thank you. I guess."
He busted out laughing like a crazy person with made me crack up too
"I love you, Megan."
"I love you too, Cade."
"We should fuck."
"Maybe tomorrow."
"Really?!"
"No."