Dreams and Nightmares

Its been a year since Aunt June's death. Her funeral was the Tuesday after her passing. It's been really hard for me and Chapin to believe she's actually gone but Marshall's been here to keep us sane.

We're still dating and everything is going perfectly. He's been sweet, gentle, and caring. Basically the opposite of what the media portrays and I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.

"HA HA, BITCH! You landed on my space give me another $60!" he said taunting me as we sat on my bed playing monopoly.

Currently he was winning and basically owned almost every space on the board. I pulled out a blue 50 and a yellow 10 from my already small wad of fake money and gave it to him while mumbling insults underneath my breath.

"What was that?" He asked smirking at me.

"Nothing, bitch. I don't understand why we're still playing. You're obviously going to win. The only reason I'm still in this is because of the $200 I collect passing go." 

"Aw is someone a sore loser? Maybe you're a little jealous..."

I scoffed at his nonsense.

"Of you? Never!"

"Yeah you are." 

"No I'm not!" 

"Yes.You Are."He said slowly coming to me. 

He hovered over me and kissed me on the lips. I kissed back deepening the kiss and then I pulled away.

"No I'm not!!" I said in a sing song voice as he rested his head on my forehead.

"Man, you're such a fucking tease."

"Am I?"

I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled his lips toward mine. A spark of electricity was shot out of his lips and traveled throughout my body. I couldn't help but wonder if he felt it to.

"STOP! NO! COME BACK!" shouted a quiet muffled voice from outside of the room. 

Chapin. She's been having some horrible nightmares every since Aunt June's death. I broke the kiss and apologized to Marshall.

"You don't have to apologize, baby."

He kissed me on the forehead and moved from on top of me so I can go to Chapin. This is actually the first time she's had a nightmare while Marshall was here. 

I walked into her room and saw her tossing and turning in her. Beads of sweat ran along her forehead.

"Chapin? Chapin, honey, wake up!" I said shaking her softly.

She jumped up quickly and had tears streaming out of her eyes.

"Aunt June?" I asked her.

She just nodded her head and I embraced her in a hug. Marshall, who I didn't know followed me, came and started rubbing her back softly.

"Do you want to go into the hippie room?"

Chapin nodded her head and got out of bed. Marshall had a quizzical look on his face and I forgot to explain why we were going to the hippie room.

"That room has a great...Aura. It's a very positive room filled with tranquility. Plus she likes the posters and pillows." I said flashing a big smile as we walked.

Marshall chuckled as we entered the room. I switched on three lava lamps and Chapin laid down on the huge bed on top of a bunch of pillow.

I laid down next to her and Marshall sat next to me.