Ultrasound #2

It's now May and I am overjoyed with all this spring weather! I'm 5 months (18 weeks) pregnant and I can finally learn the sex of the babies and my due date today. I'm so big, it's crazy. I can't wait to have these babies!

Marshall and I were waiting in the doctor's room. I looked over at him and he was shaking his leg up and down.

"Nervous much?" I giggled and put my hand on his knee.

"Huh? What? Hell no, I'm not nervous!"

"Sure you aren't, Marshall."

I laughed and then I felt a bump in my large belly. 

"Oh my god! Marshall, one of the little munchkins is kicking!" 

He quickly looked at me and turned his head toward my stomach. I took his hand and placed it where the baby was kicking. 

He looked at my stomach and turned and smiled at me as the one of the babies kicked again.

"Charlie Guyer?"

I looked up and saw Val with her clipboard in her hand, waving us over. Marshall helped me out of the chair and held my hand as we walked into Val's office.

"How are you doing, Charlie?"

"I'm great, and you?"

"I'm good. How are you, Marshall?"

"I'm good as well."

"That's good! Now...lets check on these babies."

She did the regular physical that she always does: heartbeat, blood pressure, etc. Then she told me to lie down on the bed thingy so we can do the ultrasound. Marshall was next to the bed holding my hand. She placed the cold jelly on my belly, switched on the monitor and started moving the joystick thingy around.

"Okay there they are!" She said pointing them out. 

We looked at the monitor and there were three little black and white grainy babies on the screen. They were so precious. I looked at Marshall and he smiled at me and gave my hand a squeeze.

"Okay, they're heart rate seems normal and everything else seems perfectly fine as well. Would you like to know the sex of the babies? It looks like I am able to view all three sex organs at the moment."

"Yes, please!" I shouted a little higher than I meant. I blushed as Marshall and Val laughed.

"Well, someone's excited!" Val said, "Well, this one on the left is a...boy!"

"YES!" Marshall shouted. 

"Looks like I'm not the only excited one!" I said laughing.

Val continued on.

"The one in the middle is a...baby girl!"

"Wooooo!" Marshall and I said as we clapped.

"And last but certainly not least is...your baby boy on the right!"

"Two boys!" I squealed to Marshall, "And a baby girl!!!!" 

"Calm down, baby!" he said laughing and kissing my head.

"You two are the cutest!" Val said laughing, "You're far along. The babies will be here before you know it!"

"I'm so excited!" I said

"You're having your babies here, am I correct?" She asked looking at her clipboard

"Yep. We need our favorite doctor to deliver them!"

"Okay! Great! Your due date is October 10. Now just so you know, you may be carrying them for a shorter period of time than a normal pregnancy. Sometimes that's not the case but multiples, triplets specifically, usually come early at around 33 weeks. Don't worry if its a little longer than 33 weeks just visit me to make sure there aren't any complications. Also during labor, because your uterus will be stretched out, your contractions may be weaker, which means it may take you longer to reach a fully dilated ten centimeters, ultimately slowing things down."