Christmas Day

Sunday, Christmas day, December 25, 2010

"Charlie? Baby, wake up. It's Christmas."

It was Marshall's voice but isn't he still on tour? Am I going crazy? I opened my eyes and saw the kids on the floor with their laptop. I rubbed my eyes and looked around for Marshall.

"Good morning, babe." said the voice again. I looked back down at the kids and they showed me the laptop. They were video calling Marshall.

"Merry Christmas, my love! You too, kids." 

They all said it back as I climbed out of bed.

"I want to see you guys opening gifts. I have some gifts for you all but unfortunately I'm not there to give them to you personally but they will be delivered later."

"Aw well the girls can go down stairs. I have to go wash up."

The girls took the laptop downstairs as I went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and threw my hair into a ponytail. I then headed downstairs where the Christmas tree was. Yesterday we all decorated it together and then placed all the gifts underneath. As I walked down, there was a knock at the door. I opened it and saw that it was Matt, Jake, and Grey with many gifts in their hands. 

"Morning babygirl, Merry Christmas."Matt said kissing my cheek and walking in.

"Merry Christmas, Chalz." Jake said.

"Merry Christmas, Cinderella." Grey said.

I said Merry Christmas to all three and we all went to sit by the kids who were by the Christmas tree. They all greeted Marshall who was still on the computer. The kids and Marshall said Merry Christmas to Matt, Jake, and Grey.

"Now lets open some presents!!" I screamed.

***

The girls got lots and lots of presents. Clothes, electronics, gift cards, ect. The boys got lots of things from me too. I have yet to give them the bracelets. I want to save them for when Marshall comes home so we can do it as a family.

Speaking of Marshall, he video called us the entire time. I wish he could be here. Unfortunately, this is the best we can do.

"Hm...Charlie, did you get started on Christmas dinner?" Matt asked.

"No, I did not. Why?"

"I want to start doing it. Everyone come with me and give Charlie some alone time to talk to her mans."

I laughed with the kids as Lainey handed me her laptop. They all exited the room and went to the kitchen. I watched as Marshall was sitting in the back seat of car being driven somewhere.

"Where ya headed, babe?"

"Just to soundcheck."

I nodded my head. We started to talk and talk until Marshall had to go.

"Hey baby, I have to go. I'm here. I love you and I'll see you real soon."

"I love you too. Call me later!"

And with that he hung up. I closed the laptop and began to get up until I heard another knock on the door. 

"I GOT IT!" I yelled. I went to the door to open it and there was Marshall...standing there!