Chapter 1

"You have to tell me everything about her after you meet her, okay. I'm serious girl I want every single detail." Camila rolled her eyes as the girl spoke animatedly into the phone-at least, that's what she was picturing on the other end. She smiled to herself as she balanced her cell between her ear and shoulder while her hands were full dragging along a trunk with her belongings.

"Dinah, relax. I told you everything I know already." And it honestly wasn't much. Camila sighed, more nervous than she wanted to let on. Truth be told she knew absolutely nothing and it scared her more than she liked to admit, even though the girl on the other line could tell just about anything she was feeling without her having to say it.

"You told me like, two things!"

"Two things are all I know! Her name is Lauren and she's a junior like I am. Well, I don't know if they'll still consider me a junior with this transfer. I have a lot of credits to make up."

"Well that's what you get for being so smart," she teased, causing Camila to roll her eyes again, but she laughed despite herself.

"Oh whatever, like you're not proud of me."

"I'm beyond proud of you, Mila. I'm just gonna miss you is all."

"Aw come on I'm still gonna see you all the time. It's not like I'm moving to another state."

"You might as well be!"

"Stop being so needy!" she joked just as she reached the building she was looking for. She stared up at it hesitantly, feeling her insides turning a bit at what was waiting beyond the doors. She paused for a moment, not realizing she was still on the phone.

"Mila? Are you even listening to me?"

"What? Sorry, I spaced out for a second. I just got here." Dinah could sense the girl's apprehension from her tone and she frowned. She was very protective of Camila for the entire time they've known each other. And she hated that she wouldn't always be there with her anymore if she ever needed her.

"It's gonna be fine," she reassured her for the hundredth time. "Maybe she'll be hot," she added, earning a loud, unexpected laugh from Camila.

"Oh shut up! That is the last thing that's on my mind right now."

"Hey, it wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah and I'm sure Allison will be thrilled about that too." She knew her girlfriend had the tendency to let her jealous side...take over completely...sometimes. She shook her head at hearing her best friend laughing at her over the phone.

"I don't think it'll matter what the girl looks like so good luck with that one honey."

"Hey it's not like I ever do anything to make her jealous; she just...is."

"That's because you're hot," she pointed out nonchalantly.

"I'm surprised your ass hasn't been beat yet because of your mouth."

"She'd be wise to keep it that way; girl, you know she's afraid of me." It was the truth, as much as Camila hated to admit it-even though she did find it hilarious most of the time. She knew Dinah wasn't the biggest fan of her girlfriend and vice versa. In her opinion, Camila could do way better. Her raging jealousy issues didn't exactly help. But Camila had been with her for two years and she was absolutely in love with her.

"I can't imagine why."

"Bite me, Mila."

"Love you too. Listen, I gotta go. I just got all my info from the front desk."