Chapter 7

Lauren was a child. Plain and simple. She was moody and immature and threw temper tantrums when things wouldn't go her way. Camila knew right off the bat that her roommate wasn't exactly the most composed person on the planet but she didn't realize just how deep it went. Sure she was hotheaded and started fights with guys twice her size and got bottles broken over her head and...

Anyway.

Naturally, she was prescribed medications following her injury which worried Camila. And it bothered her that she worried at all. She couldn't even really confidently call her and Lauren friends when Lauren would constantly roll her eyes when Camila would speak or laugh at her expense or respond to a simple request to pick up her things off the floor with eat my shit, Camz.

But she was still a person, Camila would argue, and she had to live with her and she swore they were at least better than what they were in the beginning. Learning everything about Lauren made her a little uneasy while helped her understand the mysterious brunette just a little bit. But it didn't make it any easier to actually live with her because she was...well, a bitch.

"Camz, where the fuck did you put my meds?"

Camila groaned, leaning her forehead against one of the kitchen cabinets. She was doing her best not to lose her patience with the other girl but it was as if she was making it her sole mission to make sure she does just that. She kept reminding herself that she was doing what she was doing because she was a good person.

And Ally might have begged her, or something, whatever.

"For the hundredth time, I'm keeping them!" she called back and heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. She was pouring milk into a bowl of cereal when Lauren appeared by the counter. Her hair was disheveled but she couldn't really help it when the side of her head was stapled. Her loose Pink Floyd t-shirt and panties combo was nothing out of the ordinary.

"I don't think you understand how much it hurts to have glass broken on you."

"Too bad. Here, eat this," she said, handing the bowl to her. She said nothing and accepted the breakfast and somehow suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. Camila was impressed. This had been going on for a few days now and she was wondering when Lauren would just shut up and deal with it already. "I'll give it to you when you're done."

"Give what exactly?" Lauren asked suggestively as she kinked an eyebrow. Camila, on the other hand, couldn't hold it back and rolled her own eyes.

"Can you like, not be annoying?" A hint of a laugh was evident in her voice even with her arms crossed over her chest and her irritation bubbling throughout her entire body.

"Hey, easy does it, hom-" she started but was cut off by a glare from the shorter brunette, "-girl."

"Mhm. Eat."

"I'm going to kill Ally."

"She's just looking out for you. She's really worried so I said I'd help."

"How kind," she said dryly with a spoonful of cereal in her mouth. It came as no surprise that Lauren's hard exterior had resurfaced following her accident. Truth be told, Camila hadn't anticipated her seemingly kind behavior to continue once they went home. It was an emotional night but the next morning Lauren was back to her old self, except louder and with more complaints. "Remind me to punch Ally next time I see her."

"She just doesn't want you to hurt yourself."

"I'm already hurt."

"You know what we mean, Lauren."

"Ugh, I don't need a fucking babysitter," she whined before coughing loudly into a closed fist, turning her head away from Camila and the bowl of cereal in her other hand. "Like I've never mixed painkillers and cold medicine before."