Chapter 13

There were a couple of things running through Camila's head when she woke up, barely managing to keep her eyes open even though there was hardly any sunlight. First, and probably most importantly, she was definitely going to be late for something but she couldn't for the life of her remember if she had class or work that morning. Second, she was completely naked and tangled in sheets and blankets that didn't belong to her.

She stretched her limbs but everything felt heavy and she was too comfortable lying down to even want to get up. She rubbed her eyes long and hard enough to clear her vision and found the rest of the bedroom completely empty. With an atrocious ache in literally every corner of her brain she didn't have the energy to question her roommate's whereabouts and instead focused on the fact that if she didn't get up and get ready right at that moment then she was never going to leave the apartment. She didn't really have time to be slightly mortified at the fact that she drunkenly threw herself at her roommate last night.

After showering, brushing her teeth, and throwing on the first outfit she could find, she tripped coming out of the room, hopping on one foot as she attempted to put her shoe on. Landing on the hardwood loudly, Camila heard the distinct sound of Lauren cackling from somewhere inside the apartment. She blew some stray hairs away from her face and looked up to see the girl holding a paper to-go cup with what she assumed was coffee while standing in the kitchen.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," she mumbled sarcastically, pushing herself back up onto her feet.

"I'm not even sorry. That made my entire morning."

"How long have you been up?"

"A while. When I'm really drunk I either wake up super early or pass out until midday so here I am." She shrugged and turned to something on the counter and with her back facing Camila she randomly asked, "Are you hungry?" Her question shouldn't have been so odd but Camila stood and blinked a couple times before responding.

"You made breakfast?" She walked over to the kitchen where Lauren was wearing nothing but a pair of dark blue panties and a loose grey t-shirt. Her hair was in messy waves falling over her shoulders. Even in her hungover state she had to admit, it was a nice sight.

"I mean, I'm literally pouring a bowl of cereal right now and I could do it a second time if you really wanted me to," she said with clear amusement in her voice, not even looking up at Camila as she leaned against the opposite counter. She fixed her a bowl regardless. "It's about time you woke up; I was starting to think you were dead or something."

"So you're telling me that if you actually assumed I was dead, instead of coming to check on me or try to wake me up you would just sit here and eat Cocoa Puffs?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at her roommate. Lauren finally looked up at the brunette, fully dressed for the day in tight black jeans and a flowing white blouse. She tried not to smile when she answered.

"Yup. I'd call someone to help remove the body later."

"You're an ass."

"So I've been told." She handed Camila the bowl who was still glaring when she accepted it, figuring she still had some time to have breakfast before she left for work. While she chewed her cereal she watched the green eyed girl move her spoon around her bowl, taking in all of her features. She wasn't sure what to even expect after sleeping with her, assuming the whole night would have been some colossal drunken blur but she remembered her quite vividly.

Lauren wasn't acting any different than normal but she had to have something going through her mind about last night, right? Camila was reeling after dealing with the emotional trauma of her breakup and then the surprisingly incredible sex with someone that she probably—in hindsight—shouldn't have slept with just hours after ending her relationship.