Chapter 3

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!"

Camila lied awake in her bed for quite some time. The past week was agonizing and filled with little to no sleep. Thankfully a certain green-eyed devil only brought home a friend, female this time, only once more to torture her with although it was strangely short-lived—not that Camila paid attention, for the most part.

She had tried keeping herself busy with work and more work and seeing Allison and Dinah and literally anyone else to take her out of the apartment so she didn't have to feel Lauren's wrath for so much as breathing too loudly in her vicinity. Camila was sick of anticipating the worst whenever she would set foot in her own home or simply wake up.

Her first week in the apartment with Lauren was a challenge that Camila honestly didn't think she could rise to at first but her resolve was strong and she was absolutely not going to back down—much to Lauren's displeasure. And she had been spending every waking moment thinking; what could she possibly do to drive Lauren away like she was doing to her?

If Lauren was going to resort to bullying and—Camila can only assume—shock value, then Camila was going to fight back. But she didn't have it in her to be as hurtful as Lauren had no problem doing, so it seemed. But she did want to mess with her. And the only thoughts that came to mind took her all the way back to her childhood when she and Dinah were just kids and the Polynesian girl liked to mess with her siblings for fun.

In a flash of frustration and anger, the dark haired girl stormed into the bedroom, eyes wide with fury and jaw set tight, so tight Camila thought her teeth were going to crack. She bit her lip in a feeble effort to stifle her amusement but to no avail, as Lauren's gaze intensified if it were at all possible before she ripped the comforter off of the tiny brunette.

"Can I help you?" she asked innocently, which only fueled the fire in Lauren further. She reached down and grabbed the neck of Camila's t-shirt she had slept in and balled the fabric tightly in her fist, bringing her face inches away from hers. Camila could have sworn her usually pale face was turning as red as the flames bursting within her stare. She knew she should feel scared but it was a reaction and a reaction was something, she tried to convince herself.

"How fucking old are you!" she screamed in her face, shaking her slightly. Camila tried to avoid the green eyes boring into her. "Saran wrap on the toilet?! It's too early for this shit! Nobody has the damn time!" And with that she harshly threw her back onto her bed. Camila brought her hand up to her chest where Lauren had grabbed her and rubbed the sore spot.

"I don't know what y-"

"Don't fuck with me! My brother tried to pull that shit on me when I was like eight," she barked and Camila ignored the loud volume of her voice and thought about the fact that there are others in her family. Camila nearly shuddered at the thought of multiple Laurens. "Are you even fucking listening to me?"

"Did you say something?" Camila said flippantly and Lauren's wild green eyes narrowed threateningly and Camila bit her lip again.

"Watch yourself," she warned, retreating from the bedroom. She paused with her hand on the doorknob and turned to face the girl still sitting in bed, only slightly nervous, and Camila made out a look in her eyes she hadn't seen before—and it frightened her more than she would have liked to admit.

"Did you clean up after yourself?" Camila asked in another innocent tone that made Lauren's eyes go mad and her nostrils flare in anger once again. And Camila was so satisfied despite her fear.

"You just bought yourself a one way ticket to hell, Camz!" And she slammed the door behind her.

Just as classes had started for the both of them, their feud—as petty and childish as it was—continued in a sort of back and forth each retaliation worse than the last. It started innocently enough, Camila thought; the toilet prank wasn't something to get that heated over in her opinion. But Lauren wasn't used to being messed with, or as Camila's girlfriend had put it—a taste of her own medicine.