Chapter 17

a/n: trigger warning (also slightly explicit but...eh)

*    *    *    *

"Dad? Mom? What the hell are you guys doing here?"

She stayed rooted in her spot in the doorway, just staring at the man and woman sitting on the couch in the living room both sporting extremely displeased expressions. And she remembered her roommate standing right beside her watching on, waiting for her to explain what was even happening.

"We were just about to ask you the same question," the man Lauren figured was her father, said with a bit of an attitude, she noticed. She raised her eyebrow at the exchange but Camila looked awkwardly down at the floor instead of answering, looking uncomfortable as ever. "Karla," he demanded, even louder. "Did you hear what I-"

"Yes. I heard you. Um...could you just...excuse us a second, please," she mumbled hastily before grabbing Lauren's elbow and glaring at her with gritted teeth. "Can I talk to you inside? Now." She looked back over at her parents and forced a smile...or something close to one. "We'll be right back."

Without giving her a chance to actually react she dragged the green eyed girl into their shared bedroom, making sure to close and lock the door behind them. The second they were alone, Camila let out a breath and began pacing back and forth, her hand running through her hair. She shut her eyes tightly and cursed under her breath.

"Fuck."

"So...you wanna explain a couple things to me?" Lauren said simply, arms folded over her chest once more as she leaned back against a dresser.

"Like what?" she asked dumbly, not even meeting her eyes.

"Like...for starters...Karla?" Camila stopped pacing and grimaced, finally turning around to look at Lauren.

"Don't call me that. It's my first name."

"What? Since when?"

"Since always. I don't like it when people call me that. Camila's my middle name. And anyway it should have been on the notice they sent you letting you know you were getting a new roommate," she said as if it were obvious and not some huge secret Lauren didn't know anything about. She blinked rapidly and put her hands up in front of her.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on. You mean to tell me that the school warned me ahead of time that you were going to be moving in?"

"What? Yeah, of course they did. Why wouldn't they?"

"Why didn't anyone tell me this?!"

"Oh Jesus, Lauren just check your damn mail once in a while. This is so not the point."

"Okay, okay, fine," she conceded but then put her hands on her hips. "Second thing...um...what the actual fuck?"

"What?"

"What do you mean what?" she said, gesturing to the door. "I thought your parents were dead."

"Well...technically I never actually said they were."

"You said you didn't have any parents."

"That's because I don't."

"Then how do you explain Douche 1 and Douche 2 sitting on our couch inside?" she asked impatiently.

"Yeah and I can't believe you let them in. Since when do you let anyone come in here?" Camila pointed out before finally taking in her roommate's appearance, which was nothing but her bra and underwear and an unbuttoned flannel with the sleeves rolled. "And for God's sake could you put some clothes on?"