Chapter 26

"Lauren?"

Camila studied the sleeping girl completely oblivious to her voice or the weight of her entire body sitting directly on top of her waist. She leaned down a little more, poking her nose, but all Lauren did was swat her hand away and—much to Camila's annoyance—continue sleeping.

"Hey, Lauren..." she tried again, only getting an irritated groan in response. "Lauren."

"Oh my God, what?" Her tone was a low grumble, not even bothering to open her eyes, instead squeezing them shut even tighter.

"Would you want to get a tree?"

"A what?" she blinked at the random question, rubbing her tired eyes to finally notice the petite brunette sitting on her. She looked at her completely dazed for a moment, earning a wide smile.

"A tree."

"Like, a Christmas tree?"

"No, a fucking willow tree," she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at the raven haired girl below her. "Yes a Christmas tree."

"You know what? It's too early for all this sass."

"It's almost noon."

"You really couldn't wait like...an hour to ask me about this?" she mumbled, shutting her eyes again as she attempted to roll onto her side but couldn't move with Camila's weight still on her. She huffed and relented, not even looking up at the girl who still had a bright smile adorning her face. "Yeah, sure, let's get a tree."

"Really? Can we decorate the rest of the apartment too?"

"Babe, seriously, you can have whatever you want if you get off of me and let me sleep."

"It's almost noon," she reiterated. "Come on, Lauren, get up. I'm bored."

"Go play with the cat or something."

"He's lazier than you are."

"Watch TV."

"You're a jerk."

"I'm a sleepy jerk. There's a difference."

"Ugh, fine." She sighed dramatically and moved to get off the older girl but was stopped by a hand grabbing at her shirt.

"Wait."

"What?"

"Don't do that. I hate when you do that. Also, kiss me."

"I'll do whatever I want, first of all," she informed her, folding her arms over her chest looking down at those piercing green eyes. "And no, go to hell."

"You're such a pain in the ass, you know that?" she asked with a smile she couldn't fight, a smile that softened the brunette's features whether she liked it or not. "Give me like, five minutes and I'll come inside. I promise."

"Good." And as if her mood completely switched back in a matter of a second, she grinned back. She leaned down but placed her hand over Lauren's awaiting lips and instead kissed her on the forehead. When she pulled back she was met with a dramatic pout. "Brush your teeth first. I'll be inside."

She stood from the bed and Lauren almost immediately rolled over, face down, but still offered a lazy thumbs up in response as she tried to get just a couple more minutes of rest. Camila shook her head, knowing damn well it would be a while when she woke up again but also knowing that Lauren had a hard time actually ignoring her.

She would be lying if she said she didn't at least slightly revel in that knowledge. But she couldn't exactly ignore the green eyed girl either.