Chapter 15

A/N: watch out, this is a long one lol

*    *    *    *

"Camz?" Camila froze, nearly dropping the bag at the sound of her roommate's voice coming from the doorway. She glanced over to see her watching her with a fire in her eyes she prayed she would never have to experience. Her grip on the bag tightened and she swallowed but still felt like she was suffocating. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" she asked, her own voice sounding surprisingly a lot stronger than she thought it would, considering she felt like she was going to pass out at any given second under Lauren's stare.

"Camz...give me that back right now," she spat through gritted teeth and Camila was getting more and more claustrophobic in the bathroom with the only exit being blocked off by her very pissed off roommate. She shook her head.

"You lied to me."

"Camila..." she trailed off, shutting her eyes in frustration and taking a sharp breath through her nose.

"No, you know what? Don't even, okay, I should have expected this. Why would anything I said or did make a difference? Your own family couldn't get you to stop. The only reason you played along was because you keep thinking I'm going to blackmail you."

"You told me it was the only way you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"And God forbid you actually tried! You have a daughter, Lauren; a daughter that you're literally never going to be able to see again if you don't fucking stop. Is it really worth it to throw your entire life away?"

"You don't know what you're talking about. You don't understand."

"Of course not. But dammit at least I tried to because like an idiot I actually give a shit. I should have known you never did."

"You think I don't care?" she asked louder, her brows furrowed and her hand still gripping the doorknob.

"Then please, Lauren, explain to me what this bullshit was to you. Was it not you trying to get me to feel sorry for you? Because you knew I would. You knew from the beginning, you said it yourself; I'm a fucking pushover, right? And all this time you just pretend to go along with everything, making everyone think you've changed but who knows how many of these are in the apartment; tell me I'm wrong," she yelled, holding up the drugs she found. She could feel her blood pulsing and pounding throughout her body. Her head was feeling heavier and she felt sick the longer she looked at her roommate just inches away from the bag in her hand, eying it like her life depended on it.

Because no matter how hard she wanted to focus on screaming at the brunette in front of her all she seemed to see was her addiction.

"You can't even answer me. Go ahead and lie again, Lauren; I thought that's what you do best."

"Give me the bag, Camz."

"See? That's all you care about! Why should I?"

"Give me the fucking bag, Camila!" And before she could process what was going on or even think to respond, Lauren was rushing towards her, grabbing her only to have the brunette quickly hold her arm out of reach.

"No, would you calm the hell down!" she shouted back as the green eyed girl turned them until Camila's back hit the wall. She tried pushing back as much as she could but Lauren was an exceptionally strong person, physically anyway. Camila pushed them off the wall and tried to turn them around so that she was closer to the door but Lauren held her by the waist. "Get off of me!"