Unpack

Sooo, I'm sorry for abandoning this book and not updating but I have been busy and I'm extremely sorry, but here's a new auslly one-shot, and this one is a long one for u guys, it's like a gift for u guys for not updating in a looong time, hope u enjoy, I promise this is a cute auslly fluffy story, you'll love it, oh and BTW Austin and ally are married and this is them in their new home that their moving in :) enjoy ♡

○°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'°'

What is the point to buying a house, if they are never home?

They say that home is where the heart is. Then in that case, she should just take up address in his heart. His heart doesn't have mortgage payments.

However, despite its metaphoric size, she's pretty sure she can't fit inside his chest.

His arms, yes. Not his chest.

"It's perfect," he tells her, turning the key in the lock.

"It's ours," she affirms.

Perfect is all well and good. But if things were perfect, this wouldn't be the third house they looked at, and there wouldn't be a creepy garden gnome watching them from across the street. There wouldn't be a garden that needs weeding, or a pictureless refrigerator.

She runs a hand over her flat stomach. At least one of those things she can fix.

She won't tell you which.

(Monday)

That first night, they go ice skating. The boxes had been stacked high around them, a great tripping hazard to Austin, whose macaroni and cheese had fallen to the floor, staining the carpet.

Well, now they know where the coffee table is going to go.

Hooking the tv up first, they could only access the local channels. The cable guy wouldn't be free until next week.

"Come have fun at Figure Eight Skating Rink's grand opening. Admission half off!" the announcer had said.

"Let's do it," he had said.

"Sounds fun," she had said.

She might have failed to mention that she can't skate.

She might have also failed to mention that she'd be clinging onto his arm the entire time, squealing as he glided at a faster pace.

Ally was right.

This is fun.

"Is this your first time?" he asks, sliding to a stop. She wobbles to find her balance.

"I went once, back when I was little. But we live in Miami. It's not like lakes are always freezing over for me to practice on." She tugs her earmuffs down.

How dare those lakes not give her everything she ever wanted. Don't they know she's meant to be spoiled?

Though they did give him this opportunity for a great learning experience.

Thank you lakes.

He holds his hand out. "Follow my lead."

Biting her lip, she takes it. She trusts him. With skating, and not falling.

With her life.

Not that you asked, but if she thinks about something that doesn't involve falling on her butt, maybe she won't.

Looks like her theory could use some work.

"Austin!"

"Sorry." He hoists her up again. "I thought you were ready to let go."