I Will Be Your Sky/auslly

I Will Be Your Sky

Summary: The night before his wedding, Austin escapes his bachelor party for one last pre-marital encounter with his soon-to-be-wife

He leaves when the strippers arrive. They're dressed like cheerleaders but he doesn't really have the heart to tell his very excited friends that they're just not his thing anymore.

His thing is a short, brown haired, slightly neurotic, piano-playing, songwriting genius and all he wants right now is to see her. He's had maybe two drinks at the start of the night but he's completely sober now as he climbs in behind the wheel.

"Austin! Dude, where the hell are you going?"

He hears his name being yelled and he cringes as he quickly closes the door and starts the car, peeling out of the lot before anyone can do anything to stop him and then he finally relaxes when he's a few minutes away.

He has an hour-long drive ahead of him and he thinks it's kind of appropriate because they've had a very long road to get up to this point.

They're both twenty-seven now and they're probably what you could call the music industry's hottest couple, although neither of them ever would.

Austin & Ally, as they're known to the world, have four multi-platinum albums and five sold-out national and international tours to their names along with more awards than either of them can count.

Ally had overcome her stage fright a little over three years after they had graduated high school and both of their lives had turned upside down as a result. They quickly realized that their best performances were the ones they did together and it didn't take long for them to get a record deal after their first three songs went viral. They were both in college at that point and had decided to take time off to pursue their dreams full time and then they had never looked back (except of course, Ally, being Ally, had completed her degree later on).

The first couple of years in Los Angeles had been hard because both of them were young and kind of naive and alone (together) in a huge city on the other side of the country. Their record deal had fallen through two months after they moved because the company went under and they had scrambled for jobs to make money so they could keep trying to do what they had been striving toward their entire lives. Somehow, someway, though, they had caught the eye of one of the biggest record executives in LA who had given them a chance and believed in their music.

Fast forward a little more than a year and they were pretty much at the top, even winning a Grammy for Best New Artist. He can't really pinpoint the exact moment when they went from being friends to more than friends because they were always kind of on that path but the first time he kissed her was the morning after the awards show because she was sleepy-eyed and smiling and looking at him in a way that made him realize that she was all he would ever need to be happy.

They had been together together ever since and he would have honestly been okay with proposing to her on their first date but he knew Ally would have never gone for that. So he waited, with a ring burning a hole in his wallet for three years before he finally asked her to marry him.

And in true Austin Moon fashion, the proposal was a disaster. He'd had what he thought was an amazing idea to surprise her with a candlelit picnic in the park and he was going to sing her a song that he actually wrote and he had arranged it so it would be just the two of them. What he didn't take into consideration was that candles don't easily stand up on uneven ground and not even a minute after he started singing, their blanket was on fire and he was pouring a veryveryveryexpensive bottle of champagne on it to put it out. What he also didn't take into consideration was that alcohol doesn't do a very good job of putting out flames and he just stared in shock as Ally came to the rescue by ripping off her coat and beating the fire out herself.