Prologue

With one final punch my opponent was knocked out.
"Well done, agent." Director James said.
I nodded at his approval of my work.
"I'd like to discuss something with you in my office." He said.
"Yes, sir. I'll be there as soon as possible." I said in my monotone.
I wiped the sweat off my body as best as I possibly could, and made my way up to the director's office.
His security guards nodded their approval for me to enter.
"Agent 113. Have a seat." He motioned towards the chair in front of his large desk.
"How can I help you, sir?"
"I have a mission for you."
He handed me a file and I opened it. Inside was a picture of Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris. I didn't know much about them, but I had seen a few photos and heard some of their music before. They just seem like rich snobs to me.
"What is this?" I asked clearly unamused by the file.
"You are going to be Taylor Swift's body guard."
"Why? Doesn't she have people hired for that?"
"Yes, but you have a certain look." He said.
"What do you mean?"
"Well you are a teenage girl. You certainly don't look like a threat to the common eye. People would never see it coming. You would just seem like a fan."
"Again, why is that necessary?"
"People are out of control."
"That's not my fault."
"I understand that, but you are a seemingly invincible person. Your fighting skills are top notch. Hell, you are one of our best agents, and you are our youngest." He said.
"Look, I just think it's unnecessary."
"It is necessary. People's safety is at risk here. That is your job, is it not? You were trained to become a protector."
"Not for snobby celebrities!"
"Agent, you will be leaving for your mission tomorrow morning. That is final." He declared sternly.
I sighed in annoyance and walked to the door.
"6:00 sharp agent. Look over your file." He said and I swore I saw him smirk smugly.
I made my way to my small gray room and slammed the door. I didn't sign up for this. This is ridiculous!
I read through the file and figured out the important parts. I'll be living in an apartment in New York a few blocks away from Taylor's. It would be an 8 minute walk or 3 minute run. I was supposed to meet Taylor and Calvin for lunch tomorrow at some stupid restaurant that I can't pronounce the name of. The jet would arrive in New York at 10:00 and the car would arrive at the restaurant at 11:30 on the dot. Then, from there I would be left on my own.
I was always dropped somewhere on a mission, but this was different. They expected me to work with people. I always worked from a distance.
The clock on the nightstand read 12:57. I realized I had been engrossed in the file for over two hours. So, I put on some shorts and a tank top, and crawled into bed. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.