Chapter 37

After the Halloween show the US leg of the tour came to a close and we decided to spend some time in Rhode Island until we left for Singapore. The weather was cool in Rhode Island and the days consisted of wearing warm clothing and drinking lattes. The cats were here as well and Adam had visited a day ago, but he's been doing work in the studio.
"Let's bake cookies!" Taylor said randomly.
"Okay." I laughed.
She got stuff ready in the kitchen and I started to help.
"Did you take your medicine this morning?" She asked.
"Yes."
"Good, how are you feeling? I see you and talk to you all the time, but sometimes there are things going inside nobody else knows about."
"Honestly, things are good with me. I've been feeling a lot more at peace with myself. We were always so against therapy and shrinks. I was taught it was all just fake."
"You have to pay attention to your mental health you know. It's just as important as physical health. I'm glad you're feeling better. You look better, you know. Are you sleeping better?"
"Yeah, I am." I nodded.
"Good, sometimes you just looked so tired."
"I feel good. Thanks for helping me."
"I would do it anytime. So, I was thinking we could be fall time basic and make pumpkin spice cookies with cream cheese frosting."
"I'm down for that." I nodded making her laugh.
We started getting the ingredients put together, joking and laughing the whole time. The phone rang and Taylor stopped the mixer to answer it.
"Hello?" She said.
"Uh, yeah." She said and handed me the phone.
"It's security." She told me.
"What's up?" I asked.
"We have a situation outside I think you should come check out." The guy on the other line said.
"Okay, I'll meet you out front."
"Go through the back instead."
"Okay."
I hung up and Taylor looked at me with apprehension.
"They need me to come check something out. Stay inside." I told her.
"Oh my god. What's going on?"
"They didn't say. Just stay here."
"Oh god you need to be careful." She begged.
"I will, don't worry."
I put some shoes on and went through the back door. Frank was waiting for me outside, one of Taylor's security guards.
"What's the situation?" I asked.
"There's a guy lurking around the perimeter."
"How long has he been there?"
"A few hours. At first I thought it was just a fan, but they haven't left."
"Alright, Let's go find him."
"He was this way." Frank said leading me around the house.
I spotted him. He was wearing sun glasses and a gray hoodie. The guy looked to be average height and I couldn't tell his age.
I started making my way over to him. He saw us and looked alarmed so he started running. He wasn't going to get away, so I broke out into a sprint to try and make up for the distance between us. He wasn't too fast, but his distance worked to his advantages.
The bitter wind stung my face and make my eyes water. Frank was far behind me, unable to run as fast. I was gaining on him, but I had to push a little further.
"Stop!" I yelled at him.
I didn't think he was going to stop running, but it was worth a try. I was getting closer, he didn't have as much endurance as me; he was slowing down. My speed picked up even more at the thought of catching him. I could reach out and brush him with the tips of my fingers. A few more strides and I full on jumped onto him and slammed him to the ground with my body. I could imagine the sight was like watching a tiger catch it's prey.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I asked harshly gripping the back of his head.
He tried to reach for what I'm assuming is a gun, but I grabbed his wrist and bent it back until I heard a snap and his girlish scream. Then, I felt for the weapon and pulled it out of the waist band of his pants.
"That was cute." I said sarcastically.
"Bitch!" He spat.
"I'm offended. You're going to jail pal."
"For what? I didn't do anything!"
"You trespassed and brought a gun onto private property. The police have already been called."
I assumed they had at least.
Pretty soon a few other security guards showed up, including Frank, and handed me some cuffs. I gladly took them and chained up his broken wrist making him scream.
"Police are on the way." Frank said out of breath.
"I figured. This scumbag deserves some time behind bars. Better keep your ass covered pal. I'd hate to see what would happen if you didn't. I hear they get a bit horny in the joint cells."
"Alex, we've got it from here." One of the guards said.
"No, I want to see him get balled off myself."
"Alright, just settle down."
"Settle down? The guy brought a gun on Taylor's property. What am I supposed to do? Hold his hand and escort him home?"
"It's going to be handled accordingly." Frank said.
"Fine." I said angrily and gave his head a good shove into the grassy ground before getting off of him and walking off. The guards pulled him up and were holding onto him. I stormed across the lawn; I was pissed. They acted like he didn't deserve to be punished, well to me that was shit.
Taylor was at the door waiting and most likely had been watching for any action. She opened the door as soon as I got close. I stormed inside.
"What happened? What's wrong?" She asked.
"Well, some stupid son of a bitch came on to your property with a gun and so I go out there and chase his ass down and your security team plays it off like it's no big deal!" I get more worked up with each word.
"Well did they call the police?" She asks.
"Well, yeah."
"Then they are handling it." She said calmly.
"It just makes me so mad! He could have hurt you!"
"But he didn't because you caught him and now he's going to jail and they will figure out how to punish him. It's okay, you did your part. You're okay and I'm okay and that is all that matters, okay?" She asked putting her hands on my shoulders.
My shoulders sagged and I hadn't realized how tensed up I was.
"Now, we have cookies to make. I didn't work on them without you. Mostly because I was worried about what was going on outside, but ya know." She said putting her arm around me and walking back into the kitchen.
She petted the back of my head.
"It's all good." She said before letting me go and getting back to baking.
I washed my hands and began to help as well. My blood was still boiling after the events that just occurred, but I couldn't release me frustration on Taylor. She was right though, as long as she was okay, everything was okay.