Chapter 18

Taylor's POV
I stood in the middle of the room Alex had slept in while she was here. This room needed a book shelf, so when she sits alone she can read. She also needed a stereo in here and I planed to buy her an iPod for her music. The walk in closet was empty, but adorned with shelves and racks.
I need to get into her apartment, but I worry she would think it's invasive of me to go through her things. Maybe she had pictures she wanted to hang on the walls. I feel like the bedding was too bland for a teenage girl. She needed a fun room. I decided to go out shopping and since Karlie was in New York this week for a shoot I called her up to see if she was busy. She was free for a few hours and said she would meet me for lunch.
At lunch we talked about what the room was going to look like.
"I want to put lights up in her room and get her a bookshelf."
"What kind of room do you think she would want? I mean I can't picture her being into super girly things." Karlie said.
"I don't think she's not into girly things, I think she just has never been able to have girly things. There's a little girl deep inside there and she deserves a pretty room."
"That's true I guess. I wonder what her room at base looks like."
"I feel like it would look like a cell honestly."
"You don't know that for sure."
"I don't, but based off what they feed her it sounds like prisoners get better meals."
"She is really thin. That's technically abuse."
"It's sad. I just want to give her the best life possible even if it doesn't last forever."
"That's great, Taylor."
"What would be great is if she didn't have to do this job at all."
"Is there anyway to get her out of there?"
"I don't know how that would work, but trust me I'm thinking about it."
"Everything will work out I'm sure." Karlie said.
She is a literal ray of sunshine I swear.

We went to a bedding store where I picked out light pink bedding. I found these lights that could hang on the ceiling and would look cool with the chandelier in the room. We found a bookshelf in the store too. I went to the book store to find more books for her.
"What does Adam think about her living with you?" Karlie asked.
"He thinks I'm getting too attached."
"You only want what's best for her."
"I do, he's just afraid I'll have a melt down when she leaves for good."
"You'll have to deal with that when the time comes."
"That's what I told him."
"Does he like her?"
"Yeah, he worries about her too."
"Well if he knows you then he should know you're going to try your hardest to fix it."
"I think he knows that."
"That's good Taylor, I'm glad you've found someone that's treats you as well as he does."
"Me too. It got some kinks, but we can work it out."
"He seems like a nice guy. I've only met him a few times, but he seems like a good person."
"He is. I was glad he came to the airport last night. He really helped me calm down."
"She'll be fine!" Karlie said encouragingly.
"I'm sure. I can't wait until Friday."
"Where are they going to drop her off?"
"They were going to drop her off at her apartment, but I had my head of security call NAPA an ask them to drop her off at my apartment."
"What does NAPA stand for?"
"I don't know. She said they aren't allowed to say."
"That's kind of weird."
"I know, right."
I picked up a bunch of books that looked like they would be interesting to read. Then we headed to the Apple store where I picked her out an iPod. I'd like to get her a phone, but I know how strict her boss or whatever is about her using a phone. Then, I found a stereo. I wonder if she knows many songs or if she even gets to listen to music.
After picking up all the things for her room I found myself buying we more clothes because honestly I could shop for clothes for her all day. I went to a photo store and printed off a picture I took of Meredith sitting on her lap while we were watching TV. The picture was put into a frame so I could hang it in her room.
Karlie helped me with her room for a little bit before she had to go to another shoot. We got everything done for the room before she left, and all I had to do was put the clothes in the closet.
Olivia was laying on her bed while I was working on the closet and Meredith is laying in the kitty tower in the living room. She came up to me for a few minutes when I got home, but went to lay in the kitty tower after realizing Alex wasn't with me. Meredith has been like they since yesterday and she's not eating much either. I put her food in the tower with her in hopes that she'll eat.
Later that night while I was watching dateline reruns, my phone buzzed. I saw something I had been hoping to see, but certainly wasn't expecting. It was a text from Alex that read, "I'm doing okay, please don't worry. Good night."
I quickly text her back, "I'm so glad. Meredith misses you. Keep staying safe. Good night and I hope you sleep well."
I felt a little bit of weight lifted off my chest knowing she was doing okay. After waiting to see I she would text anything else I decided she probably wasn't going to and I went to bed. She's going to be alright I kept reminding myself. It took forever to fall asleep, but less time than it took last night. I'll see her soon.