Chapter 19

The ride to Taylor's apartment was silent. I picked at the black cast around my wrist. Taylor is going to make a big deal out of it I already know. I rested my head against the window exhausted. It was only 7:00 in the morning I had left the base at 4:00 in the morning to make up for the time spent in the infirmary.
When we reached the apartment the guards smiled to me.
"She's waiting inside." One spoke.
"Okay, thanks."
I went in and knocked on her door. It opened almost immediately and Taylor pulled me into a tight embrace.
"You're okay!" She cried.
"Well I'm here so I suppose I am." I laugh.
She pulls away and puts her hands on my shoulders. Her eyes scan me over, looking for injuries I'm sure. I notice that as soon as her eyes land on my wrist she's freaked. She grabs my arm and inspects it.
"Oh my god! What happened to your wrist?"
"It got snapped, but it's okay."
"How?" She said mouth agape.
"This guy was trying to take something from me and he snapped my wrist in the process, but it's okay because I knocked him out." I smirked a little towards the end.
"No! Not okay! A man broke your wrist!"
I laughed. "Taylor, it's fine! Don't get so freaked out."
Meredith brushed up against my leg and I picked the cat up with my uninjured arm.
"Mere, I haven't seen you in days!" Taylor cooed at the cat.
I stroked the cats head as she nuzzled into my chest.
"She must have missed you." Taylor smiled.
"I missed her too. And you I suppose."
"I missed you only a little." Taylor said.
"I'm sure." I laughed.
Olivia was circling around my ankles begging for a attention so I set Meredith down and began to play with both cats.
"Have you had breakfast?" Taylor asked.
"Um no, but that's okay."
"Well I'm starved. How about some French toast? I went to Whole Foods yesterday and picked up some more strawberries too!" She called already in the kitchen.
Taylor had noticed I took a liking to strawberries. I never ate strawberries before I met Taylor. After playing with the cats I made my way into the kitchen. Taylor was stirring something's together in a mixing bowl.
"Anything I can do to help?" I asked.
"No I've got it. You want to sit at the bar?"
"Sure." I said.
I sat down at the bar with Meredith at my feet.
"So other than your wrist are there any other injuries?"
"I mean everything's a bit sore, but it happens when there is hand to hand combat." I shrug.
"Did they give you pain medicine?"
"No, but it's okay." I said.
She gave me a disbelieving look and continued to make breakfast.
"When's the last time you ate?"
"Umm...I had a granola bar last night when I was in the infirmary."
"What else did you have to eat since you've been gone?"
"I had some of that oatmeal kind of stuff in the cafeteria before I went on the actual mission, but other than that I've been too busy to really eat anything."
"You're probably really hungry then."
"The adrenalin is still lingering in my system so I'm not too bad off."
"Well you better eat a good breakfast because I don't want my favorite body guard going hungry." She smiled.
"Really? I'm your favorite?" I fake a shocked expression.
Taylor laughed.
"So what should be done about your wrist?"
"I mean it's fine. I just have to be careful I guess, but that's never stopped me from kicking ass before."
"I'm talking about doctors visits." She laughed.
"Oh, I can get it off in a month. I guess I'll go back to base for that."
"I can take you to get it taken off. It wouldn't be a problem at all." Taylor said quickly.
"We'll see. I might have to go back for something in about a month anyways. I'm not sure, but if I do they'll just take it off then."
"You're going back again?"
"I might be. We've been discussing something, but it's not a set date yet."
"Oh, well hopefully it will be a while if at all that it happens." Taylor said.
"It's going to happen, when we just don't know."
Taylor fell silent and I know she was panicking about me leaving again.
"It's okay, though. I'll come back safe again."
"Well you've got that wrist injury. What if you're not one hundred percent?"
"I'll be fine I've broken my wrist a couple times actually."
"That makes it so much better." Taylor said sarcastically.
"I'm just saying I can handle it."
Taylor put our breakfast onto plates and poured our drinks before putting the plate in front of me and setting hers across from me. She walked out of the kitchen and I just figured she went to the bathroom or something. A minute later she reappeared with a pill bottle.
"I know you're little miss tough and all but I'm sure your wrist has to really hurt. So if not for yourself, then please take some pain medicine for me." She said in a pleading tone.
"It really doesn't hurt too bad, but okay." I said.
She smiled and handing me two of the pills. They were just regular Advils, but I didn't expect Taylor to keep prescription pain medicine on hand. My wrist did hurt though and I was kind of thankful for Taylor and her worrying.
"Alright dig in because I've got something to show you after breakfast." She said with excitement in her voice.
"What is it?"
"That's classified." She said smugly.
I rolled my eyes with a smirk.
"I see." I laugh.
"If your wrist starts hurting too bad, please tell me and I'll talk to my doctor about getting you something stronger." She said.
"That won't be necessary, but thanks for offering me a drug dealer's service." I laugh.
"We made a sick trade last night. I got like five pounds of dope." She joked.
"Five pounds of dope?" I laugh causing her to start laughing.
"I don't know what I'm talking about, but seriously let me know." She said.
"I will."

After breakfast Taylor took me up stairs and to the room where I slept the night I fell asleep on her couch. The door was closed and she stood by excitedly.
"Open it!" She said.
I gave her a questioning look and opened the door. The room looked totally different. There were lights all over the ceiling, pink bedding, different rugs, pastel furniture and curtains, and a large book shelf against the wall adorned with small lights.
"You redecorated?" I asked.
"Well, this is your room." She said.
Well I guess she was tired of waiting for my answer. I was kind of anxious about not having my privacy, but Taylor was so excited about this. She had been stressed while I was away and I didn't want to upset her. So instead I thanked her.
"Well have to go get your things tomorrow, but I though today we could just chill. You're probably so worn out from the mission and traveling." Taylor said.
"Yeah, I am a bit tired, but its okay."
"We can watch more Grey's Anatomy. I have to get caught up before it comes back on in the fall!"
"Sounds like a good plan."
"All these books on the shelf are yours." Taylor said showing me the shelf filled with books.
"And this is your iPod." She handed me a sleek looking phone.
"Oh I can't have a phone besides my work phone." I said.
"It's not a phone. It will play music and you can basically do anything you want on it besides make calls."
"Oh, well that's cool." I said.
"I spent hours putting music on it! You can plug it into your stereo or I picked you up some earbuds." She grabbed a box that said "Beats" off the dresser and handed it to me.
"These are really good quality earbuds." She explained.
"You didn't have to do that." I said.
"I wanted to and I was out with Karlie getting this stuff. Of course we went into some clothing stores and your just so cute I couldn't resist so..." She trailed off as she opened the door to a large walk in closet. There were already tons of clothes hanging up and shoes on shelves.
"Wow, thank you. You really shouldn't have." I said.
"You're welcome. You like it right?"
"Yeah, I like it very well." I said.
"Great! I'm so glad! Now obviously the TV is yours to do what you want with, but don't watch Grey's Anatomy without me!"
I laughed, "I won't."
"So what do to say we go watch some reruns and chill?"
"I'm down for that." I said and we sat in the living room watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Meredith sat in my lap and Taylor seemed so content. It was a picture perfect example of when all is well.