Chapter 6

"What do you think?" Taylor asked as she modeled a tight fitting, all black outfit. She was going out with Adam tonight.
"That one is good." I said.
"Okay I'm done changing my outfit now." She laughed.
Meredith and Olivia were sitting on Taylor's bed with me. Taylor was at her makeup table putting on the finishing touches. She put on some perfume that smelled like vanilla and berries.
"Do you want to use the perfume?" She asked me.
"Um, no thanks." I said.
"Okay." She chimed.
She walked over to the bed and put her hands on her hips.
"Mere. Dibbles. Behave while we are gone."
The two cat looked at Taylor unfazed. Taylor pet each of their heads before leaving the room.
I followed her down the stairs and into the foyer.
"Are you ready?" She asked.
"I am if you are." I replied.
I open the door for her and fought off the crowd. Once she was safely inside the SUV, I got in and closed the door.
New York City at night never got old. The lights were still so pretty. Taylor talked about a few of the places we passed. The ride was short and soon we were pulling up to the paparazzi infested restaurant.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Yep." She said and I opened the door and lead her through the camera flashes and crowd.
The hostess smiled widely at Taylor.
"Miss Swift follow me." The waitress said.
I stood back. They need their alone time.
She looked back at me.
"Aren't you coming? Adam requested a table for three."
"No. It's a date, Taylor. Please, go have dinner with just your boyfriend tonight." I tried an encouraging smile.
She, however, looked disappointed.
"Okay." She turned to the hostess.
"Can she get a table alone please, maybe in our section?" Taylor asked.
"I can work something out, yes."
"Thank you." Taylor smiled.
The lady took Taylor to her table with Adam while I hung back.
A few minutes later the lady came back and smiled to me.
"I have a table for you." She said and I followed her to a single table in the corner. I could see Taylor and Adam at their table, but they had yet to spot me.
A waiter came over.
"Can I get you something to drink?"
"Water, please." I said.
"Would you like to start with an appetizer?"
"No, thanks."
He nodded, "I'll be right back with your drink."
I scanned the menu. Soup was the cheapest on the menu, so I decided on that.
The waiter brought me my drink back.
"Have you decided on your order, or would you like more time?"
"I'll have the vegetable soup."
"Will that be all miss?"
"Yes, thank you."
"Oh, and your check will be taken care of courtesy of Mr. Harris." The waiter referred to Adam by his stage name.
"Oh, okay thanks."
I only had to wait a few minutes for my soup. Steam rolled off the bowl, so I stirred it to cool it. It's been a while since I've eaten alone. Taylor and I usually eat together. I don't mind being alone tough, it's kind of nice sometimes.

Taylor's POV
"Are you ready for Tokyo?" Adam asked.
"Yeah, it's going to be fun."
"I wish I could go, but I have to be in the studio that night." He said.
"It's okay, I'm always busy too."
"I can't wait to take a vacation with you. No cameras. No people screaming out ridiculous questions to get money. Just you and me." Adam smiled.
"Me too. I just have a feeling this tour will be fun though."
"I'll come to the first show that I'm available to come to. I'm excited to see you do your thing."
The waiter came over to deliver our appetizer. Before he left I stopped him.
"Excuse me, but I was wondering what our friend over there ordered."
"Vegetable soup." He said.
"Is that all?" I asked.
"Yes, Miss Swift."
"Lets order her something else." Adam said.
"Ummm," I scanned the menu. She likes pasta I think.
"Can we get a plate of spaghetti to send over to her table please?"
"Of course. Would you like me to tell her?"
"No, she can be surprised."
"Alright. Let me know if there is anything I can get for you."
"Thanks." I smiled to him.
Once he left I put my head I my hand exasperated.
"What's the matter?" Adam asked.
"Alex. She doesn't eat right."
"Do you think it's self inflicted?"
"No. She always wants to order the cheapest thing off the menu. She eats quickly, like someone will take the food out of her hands. Adam, I don't think they treat her well at her agency or whatever. I'm worried about it. I mean, look at her! Her arms are so thin and her little face is sunken in."
"I know baby, but there isn't much you can do about that."
"I'm going to try though. I watch her eat a good breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm going to fix it."
"What happens when she has to go back though? She'll be started back at square one."
"I- I don't know. Maybe I'll talk to them about it."
"You're so determined and that's one reason why I love you."
"Awww, I love you too." I blushed slightly at his sweetness.

Alex's POV
I was finished eating my soup when the waiter came back with a plate of spaghetti.
"Oh, um I didn't order this." I explained.
"Mr. Harris sent this over."
"Oh, um, okay."
The waiter left and I started eating my spaghetti. Taylor must have asked the waiter what I ordered. She's constantly controlling what I eat. I don't hate her for it. Sometimes, I just feel like she forgets that I'm her body guard and I'm just here to do my job.
When I glanced over to check on Taylor and Adam's table, they were both waving over at me.
I smiled slightly and waved back. Taylor said something to Adam and got up. She's walking my way.
"How's it going?" She asked.
"Taylor, you didn't have to order the spaghetti for me."
"Well, technically Adam's the one that said to order you something else."
"Thanks, but you don't have to keep doing this. I'll be okay."
"I just worry about you."
"That's nice, but you don't need to."
"I think you need to have someone who cares about you, Alex."
"I'm just a body guard."
"You're a friend too."
"Taylor, please get back to your date and tell Adam thank you."
"We're done eating and he's probably already paid the bill. Are you ready?"
"Yes." We got up from the table and Adam stood up and joined us by the steps that took up to the waiting area of the restaurant.
"Thank you, Adam." I said.
"No problem." He smiled kindly to me.
I opened the door ready to face the paparazzi outside. We were almost to to car when I man dressed in all black sprang towards Taylor. He reached out to grab her, but I blocked her. He swung at me. I dodged the blow and kicked him in the side. The man was quick to recover and reached for my neck successfully grasping it in his large hand. He slammed me against the car.
"Oh my god!" Taylor said.
"Get in the car, now!" I yelled to them.
The guy punched me in the face. I saw stars for a moment before I brought my knee up into his manhood. He screeched and dropped me. I sucked in air.
I punch the guy in the face then swept his legs out from under him. He fell to the ground and I twisted his arms behind his back. Police rushed forward and hand cuffed him.
"Who are you?" One of the officers asked.
I showed him my badge and he nodded with an impressed expression on his face.
"Good work kid." He said. I cringed slightly when he called me kid, but dismissed it. I scanned the area for other threats. A large hand wrapped around my arm and I swung around prepared to fight.
"It's just me!" Adam yelled over the roar of the crowd.
He pulled me to the car and pushed me in before him.
Taylor hugged me immediately.
"Oh my god baby! Are you okay?" She asked pulling away to look at me.
"I'm okay."
"You're nose is bleeding!" She said.
I put my hand up to check. Red stained my finger tips.
"Just a bit. It will stop."
"I think you should go to the hospital."
"No, things like this happen all the time. I'll just clean it up when I get home."
"Are you sure?" Taylor asked.
"I'm sure." I said.
Taylor pulled a tissue out of her purse and pushed it under my nose. I pushed her hand away and held the tissue there myself.
"I'm so sorry." Taylor said.
A tear rolled down her cheek.
"Don't be sorry, and don't cry for me. I was doing my job. That's just part of it."
"It's okay baby." Adam reached across me and squeezed Taylor's hand.
"I just wish they would go away." Taylor cried.
"The paps are so annoying I know." Adam comforted.
"That wasn't a pap you guys. That's was someone that wanted to take you."
"How do you know?" Adam asked.
"The way he approached Taylor. He was planing on grabbing her and throwing her into a van. That's why I'm here."
"Oh my god!" Taylor looked scared and worried all in one.
I couldn't blame her. Kidnapping is some scary stuff to people like her. Adam looked angry.
"Keep pressure under your nose." Taylor sniffled and guided the tissue back to where it needed to be. Adam pulled my hair back from my face. They both were so concerned for me, even during a scary time for them. No one has ever cared about me like this before. No one ever cared if I came back battered. I'll admit, feeling cared about like this made me fell strange inside.